Notices
RC On Road Nitro Cars Discuss all aspects of on-road nitro rc cars here

New guy on board

Old 06-29-2005, 11:56 PM
Rs2nV

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New guy on board

Yea gonna introduce myself i have been into rc's for as long as i can remember i always had the not so great radio shack cars since my parents couldnt afford and i couldnt afford a nice one, i have a old skool radio shack truck i still mess with then a few years back i got a tamiya electric and since i have plenty of cash now i bought a traxxas nitro 4-tech.
Ran it stock for a little bit but since i am a car guy everything has to be improved...so far i have

Graphite tie bar
Sway bars front and rear
Graphite strut tower
Graphite rear brace
Dubro inline fuel filter

FOr now i am looking at cooling heads and exhaust for the near future
Car is an absolute beast have a great tune on it right now and she flies, handles incredible. Took it out today with a buddy whos running a older hpi chassis with a os cvr 18 motor, he had breakage issues all day long but i did give him a good whipping without going into second..Got her airborn also today, came around the lower stretch of the lot and caught either a small dip or tar or something, front end came down back end went up, she went over about 6 times before it landed, hit the ground and went over side over side a few times before landing on the wheels, minor scraping, tweaked alignment and a twisted up spoiler post but she survived well....Hence my buddies comment which is now my sig quote.

Yea i'm a certified welder from colorado, i have a 91 camaro show/race car that is my major money pit, i like spending time with my black lab and girlfriend and settling parking lot grudge matches with the traxxas.
Old 06-30-2005, 06:55 AM
Nitroaddict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New guy on board

Welcome to RCU, you will find a wealth of info here as well as many people who can help you with questions, and others who you can help with there questions.
Old 06-30-2005, 08:08 AM
snowbl!nd

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: New guy on board

Yeah, ditto that! ^

Good quote, although airborne has an "e" on the end...

You will find this place a great source of info on just about anything RC, so enjoy!