Search
Notices
RC On Road Nitro Cars Discuss all aspects of on-road nitro rc cars here

Was working....Now its not. Help!

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2005, 06:53 PM
nitroTC3kb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Was working....Now its not. Help!

Hey Guys,

I'm pretty new to the nitro onroad seen and need some help. I just took out my Nitro TC3 and it was running great for 3 tanks. Totally hooked up and ripppin!
Next thing I know, it starts acting really weird when I try to turn or give it full throttle. When I do this, it keeps spinning out. I'm thinking it is a differential problem but I don't know if its the front or rear.

Can you guys give me some insite on what might be the problem?

Thanks in advance!

Sincerely,
Kevin
Old 07-02-2005, 08:22 AM
snowbl!nd

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Was working....Now its not. Help!

Right, it is probably due to something in the drivetrain or the diffs.

Check all the grub screws, especially the ones which hold the drive shafts onto the diff outdrives. If one has come loose it will effectively make the car 3 wheel drive, and cause it to spin out under acceleration and braking. If in doubt, then remove all of these grub screws and use blue loktite to hold them in place when you reinstall them. Make sure to locate them properly (usually the diff outdrives will have a flat section, lock the grub screws onto this).

Check the diffs by spinning each of the wheels individually and checking that they rotate smoothly and do not click or grind when you do so.

The problem is likely to be located in either of these places, and from previous experience i would guess that it is a REAR grub screw which has loosened (if it was at the front, the car would spin out under braking and NOT acceleration).
Old 07-02-2005, 09:36 AM
iacolb12

And don't forget to check your suspension settings. Check for any bent or broken parts. If you tap a curb or board the right way it can knock your settings off.
Old 07-03-2005, 09:09 PM
nitroTC3kb

Thanks for the informative responses!

I think I figured out the problem. It was a blown bearing and a missing pin. The bearing was the one that sits right behind the disc break and gets clamped down between two pieces of metal. The pin was missing from the square housing that holds the disc break. The housing was just spinning on the shaft.
While I had everything apart, I rebuilt my diff.

Once I replace the bearing and pin, I'll take it out for a spin and see if it fixes the problem. Finding a hobby shop that has both parts might be a tough task. Wish me luck! I'll post with the results after I test it out.