Notices
RC On Road Nitro Cars Discuss all aspects of on-road nitro rc cars here

NTC3 Won't shift

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2005, 10:56 PM
jeb4

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NTC3 Won't shift

This has probably been posted somewhere put I didn't see it.....so if it has been posted I'm sorry for the repeat!

Like I said, it won't shift. The bolt on the end of the pinion gears had come loose, so I decided that this would be a good time to put in my new aluminum diff. covers too. I pulled the engine and tightened the bolt and then installed the new diff. covers and ever since then it wont shift! I didn't adjust or change anything in the trans..........

I took it to the hobby shop tonight, and while they were trying to be helpful (really nice guys) they are "electric guys" and didn't have much experience with two speed transmissions...

What could cause this? It's driving me crazy!

Any and ALL help is greatly appreciated!
Old 07-08-2005, 12:10 PM
iacolb12

Default RE: NTC3 Won't shift

Here is a good [link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_2815994/anchors_2815994/mpage_1/key_ntc3%252Cshifting/anchor/tm.htm#2815994]POST[/link] on the subject. It also has some other tidbits.
Old 07-09-2005, 11:49 AM
jeb4

It turns out that for some reason the clutch got out of adjustment when I took it out of the car. I readjusted it and now everything is fine.........
Old 07-10-2005, 08:28 PM
Gordie

i have a questin, my ntc3 isnt shifting, the screw that holds the ball down is stripped, what does this ball and set screw do and would it affect the shifting of the car