Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC On Road Nitro Cars
Reload this Page >

Schumacher Menace GTR 3-Speed to 2-Speed?

Notices
RC On Road Nitro Cars Discuss all aspects of on-road nitro rc cars here

Schumacher Menace GTR 3-Speed to 2-Speed?

Old 07-10-2005, 12:17 AM
Woodsy.org

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Schumacher Menace GTR 3-Speed to 2-Speed?

After progressing from Tamia cars to playing with a Trinity Evolution 10 for a few years, I have finally decided to make the jump from electric to nitro.
My eyes are leaning toward the [link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/magazine/article_display.cfm?article_id=484]Schumacher Menace GTR[/link] 1/8th scale, but one thing concerns me.
The transmission is 3-Speed and my local RC racing club only allow's up-to 2-Speed in races.
The size of the track is minimal and getting into 2nd gear will be rare, even at the end of the straight.
With little understanding of the actual mechanism in Centrifugal clutches I want to know...

Is it possible to modify it out-of-the-box to 2-Speed or even 1?

And if not...

How is it possible and with what parts should I purchase?

Thanks
Michael
Old 07-10-2005, 09:51 AM
nitrohead5300

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Schumacher Menace GTR 3-Speed to 2-Speed?

Open up the tranny and just remove the pawl and spring mechanism for third gear( the pawl for third has the number 3 marked on it) and to reduce some rotational mass remove the spur for third too.