Notices
RC On Road Nitro Cars Discuss all aspects of on-road nitro rc cars here

Ld3 & Ntc3 interchange?

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2005, 04:54 PM
Mugen Mbx5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ld3 & Ntc3 interchange?

Will the Ld3 diffs work in the NTC3? I am thinking about buying the TC3 but I hate ball diffs.I know the LD was based off of the TC but I want to know what works on both cars.
Old 07-14-2005, 08:18 PM
rushdude
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Ld3 & Ntc3 interchange?

I am not sure, but I wouldnt go with the tc3 over the ld3 unless parts are more available for the tc3.
Old 07-15-2005, 08:10 AM
iacolb12

I would got NTC3 myself. Better support.

While most of the main components are the same, some bracing, screws and mounting parts are different. (Just from looking at photos.) The customer service at OFNA is a bit flakey from what I see on the forums. It's hard to pass up the value of the LD3 packages they throw out there though!

But unless your car ends up a lemon, and you need to return it, I find more help at the tracks, shops and forums than I do with the manufacturers anyway. So be sure to double check with your LHS on what they carry, then decide.
Old 07-15-2005, 09:48 AM
rushdude

The ld3 is an all around better car though and the new cd3 is even better.
Old 07-15-2005, 01:49 PM
iacolb12

In the end it should come down to what you want, seasoned with a sprinkle of what's available and what people run in your area. Unfortunately I cant tell you which is better when it comes to performance. As I don't know anyone who has and LD3 and haven't seen anyone comment about more than bashing with one.

If you're bashing get what you want. If you're racing I still say the NTC3. Just do a web search for each cars parts and hopups. That's the main reason I suggest the Associated car.

I'm not poo-pooing rushdude's comments. So he may have more insight into the LD3 than I do. I never could find enough results and info when I was making my decision and went with the NTC3.
Old 07-15-2005, 02:02 PM
rushdude

ORIGINAL: iacolb12

In the end it should come down to what you want, seasoned with a sprinkle of what's available and what people run in your area. Unfortunately I cant tell you which is better when it comes to performance. As I don't know anyone who has and LD3 and haven't seen anyone comment about more than bashing with one.

If you're bashing get what you want. If you're racing I still say the NTC3. Just do a web search for each cars parts and hopups. That's the main reason I suggest the Associated car.

I'm not poo-pooing rushdude's comments. So he may have more insight into the LD3 than I do. I never could find enough results and info when I was making my decision and went with the NTC3.
I can see where you are coming from. I used to have a ntc3 and used to think that the ld3 was just a copy cat until someone let me drive one. It handled much better and had better performance. So before i knew it, I sold the ntc3 and bought an ld3 pro hong nor edition. If you are bashing, take a visit to the lhs and see what they stock more parts for and go with that one but for racing the ld3 wins hands down. Since ofna released the cd3 I would go with that. It is still shaft driven but has a better trans., center of gravity, etc. It has even better handling and is winning many races right now. If you are racing don't get the u.s version pro go to www.rc-mushroom.com and get the hong nor edition. www.nitrohouse.com has all the u.s versions available.