Notices
RC On Road Nitro Cars Discuss all aspects of on-road nitro rc cars here

Best budget racer?

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2005, 09:07 PM
Mugen Mbx5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best budget racer?

What is the best budget racer to get into racing onroad(1/10 scale)? I am looking at Ld3 pro, rs4 ss kit and outside possibility of a tc3. Are there any others I forgot? Which is the most competitive out of the box?
Old 07-14-2005, 09:12 PM
Piero23

Default RE: Best budget racer?

Id say the tc3, or nitro rs4 3, and maybe the gs racing vision. I wouldn't spend too much if you are just getting into racing. Any of those will be very good starts.
Old 07-14-2005, 09:49 PM
Nitroaddict

If you ar serious about racing - get a good car to start with, otherwise you will just spend and spend.....you should know this, you are currently driving a MBX-5.

I would recommend stepping up, spending more up front and being happier for a longer time go with the Mugen MTX3, Serpent 710, ect...

If this just isnt in the buget, then go with the NTC3 - it is by far the most competitive out of your list.
Old 07-15-2005, 08:22 AM
iacolb12

I will throw one thought out there to consider for a budget. While someone can get a mugen, serpent, technokit and other high-end racers as one's first kit, does it make sense?

The parts are more expensive. IF someone is new to onroad, they are going to hit every board on the track anyway. (I speak from experience! ) Thusly they will break. Often.

Other than those who seem to be a natural at driving from the start, most first nitro cars are pretty whipped at the end of their lifespan. It might make more dollar sense to beat on an NTC3, then get a Mugen or other later.
Old 07-15-2005, 11:39 PM
SqueedilySpooch

hmm try to avoid the boards? If ur racing on a budget ur right the ntc3 is a pretty good all around racer. Like nitroaddict said it will help in the long run if u get a higher end car. once u start gaining exp racing you'll find out what all those little screws and things on the high end car are for that wasnt on lets say rs4. So u wont end up buying loads of hopups and hopups as u progress throughout racing just to get to racing tubable and performance level. Get a serpent or mugen and BAM its all there already.

Its hard to make a crappy car perform good
but its not hard to make a good car perform good(now is it?)
but both are VERY hard if u cant drive
Old 07-15-2005, 11:54 PM
Piero23

A mugen or a serpent in the hands of an inexperianced driver is a total waste of money. Starting out with a tc3 or an rs4 is ideal way to learn the basics of tuning. As you gain knowledge the tricks you learn will still apply to a real racing kit.

Besides I bet Hara or Surikarn could lap me with ease in an RS4 RTR while Im driving an unlimited budget mugen.