Notices
RC On Road Nitro Cars Discuss all aspects of on-road nitro rc cars here

ntc3 question

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2005, 10:48 PM
ntc3rcr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ntc3 question

when i run my ntc3 at wot it doesnt take off in a straight line it goes to the right how can i fix this. 1 more thing should my car hit 50mph with the stock motor and if my 2 speed isnt shifting, jus trying to figure out if it is shifting.
Old 07-24-2005, 11:00 PM
NitroDragon

Default RE: ntc3 question

As far as the shifting thing, your car is deffinatly shifting. If you are running the stock gear then there is no possible way for you car to hit 50 in first gear. As for the slight drift to the right, that could be due to a too loose diff setting. Cause if your front right tire breaks traction it will push to the right. Or it could be something as simple as a transmitter setting(off center). The one other thing I can think of that would make you car push right would be torq stearring. On some engines the torq is high enough to cause the car to travel off center when you hit the gas.

Hope I have been of some help.

LCpl Caesar
USMC Okinawa Japan
Old 07-25-2005, 07:56 AM
jscustoms

The off-steer problem could also be due to unmatched camber or toe settings. If the camber is different on each side, the car will pull to that side. Lastly, check the steering trim from your transmitter. You will have to adjust this from surface to surface, as the car will react to the slightest grade.

My NTC3+ did NOT shift properly out of the box. I had to bump up the shift point. Use an allen wrench to adjust the two black set screws in the transmission - follow the instructions CAREFULLY. Make sure not to adjust the same screw twice! I backed each screw out 1/4 turn, and now it shifts much better - right around 40 foot as it suggests. If you lost the instructions, let me know - I can try copying them and posting online for you.

Jeff S.
Old 07-25-2005, 11:07 AM
ntc3rcr

thanks for your help....... i have another question if i am not racing can i set my camber to 0 degrees and will that affect my high speed stabality. the reason why im doing this is i am setting my ntc3 up as a drag car not a race track racer. one more thing how many teeth are one the stock 1 speed spur gear. thank you.
Old 07-25-2005, 11:42 AM
jscustoms

Can't help you on the stock spur gear (a bit new to R/C myself.)

As far as the camber goes though, I'd actually suggest you run maybe 0-1 degress negative camber in the rear, and then actually 3-4 negative degress camber in the front. Negative camber will actually help improve stability a bit - as long as both tires have equal camber. 0 degree camber would give you the largest contact patch, which is GOOD for the accelerating tires (mainly the rears) but BAD for the fronts in a drag environment. Bigger contact patch = more friction = less acceleration. So I'd get a good contact patch in the rear for hook up, but minimize the contact patch in the front for reduced friction. Of course, you could also just use REALLY thin front tires.

Maybe also run about 1 degree negative toe in the rear for stability. Not too much though, as this too increases friction (scrub.)

Jeff S.
Old 07-25-2005, 01:22 PM
ntc3rcr

i understand but all 4 wheels are accelerating due to the fact that it is a 4 wheel drive car.
Old 07-26-2005, 06:06 AM
jscustoms

True, but all of your weight shifts to the rear during acceleration anyways. The front wheels aren't really doing much during straight line accel.
Old 07-26-2005, 08:30 AM
ntc3rcr

ooo ok thanks that helps what do u think the best drag settup is for my car, and wut do you think about these tires hpi 31 mm super radials in the back and 26mm super radials in the front.