Notices
RC On Road Nitro Cars Discuss all aspects of on-road nitro rc cars here

Where to buy Nitro Formula F1????

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2005, 12:15 PM
Winged Avenger
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Where to buy Nitro Formula F1????

Hey would you sell it for $80.00 ???
Old 11-08-2005, 10:08 PM
Tigger N. Bennie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: forestroke
the only remaining one is the FGs which are thousands of dollars and race exclusively with their own kind.

because of it, few are ever at the track. because of that, few tracks ever sponsor events. because of that fewer people buy them.

if you want a nice f-1, the tamiya electrics are very nice. though not my cup of tea.
The FG Comp F1 is around $3K, but the intro model is just over $1K. I also own the Tamiya and have restricted its use to the track and the street--a little smoother than parking lots. In my opinion, the "basher" is just an easier sell for the LHS and they push them unlike open wheel cars.
Old 11-09-2005, 01:47 AM
forestroke

Tigger - $1K including engine? i was looking at one entry level one and they want $1K USED! including solo motor but no electronics gear. is it a rip-off then?
Old 11-09-2005, 10:07 PM
Tigger N. Bennie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: [Deleted]

Molzer Mowery Racing, which is ONE of two US Importers, currently lists the F1 chassis/Zen. G230RC w/o body on their website for $1,322.00. However, the retailers SHOULD be cheaper as in most cases, RC retailers don't sell at MSRP. However, I do seem to recall reading somewhere that the base model is NOT upgradeable to the Comp F1 so you or anyone else who plans on attempting to do some upgrading should ask for more specifics and verify whether or not the standard F1 can be upgraded to a Comp F1 or if it can be done without a lot of modifications.

http://www.molzermoweryracing.com/ac...Formula_1.html
Old 11-10-2005, 03:18 PM
captanabolic

Tigger, I scored two of these new in the box about 3yrs ago one was ready to go and the other was missing the motor so I used it for spare parts I still have the box and some of the new parts. 4 brand new tires with foams and wheels, pretty much complete front end, air filter. some of the rear pod. If you want them for spares how about 12 beans + 5 beans for priority shipping. I wrecked the first one beyond repair so this is all that is left lol. The only bad thing about these are the tires they wear fast, A set of duratrax indy tires will last longer. I also scored about 10 sets of proline road hawg f1 tires might have to look for those also. Pm if interested. They are fast and light and fragile!! It is always good to reminisce!!

The CAPT

Old 11-10-2005, 10:03 PM
forestroke

tigger - picked up a FG just now. VERY PRICEY! i was very surprised to have won the auction at under $1K but shipping to taiwan is a b*tch. it'll cost me an arm and a leg to get it here. that leaves me with no limbs since i just paid an arm a leg and my left nut for that car.

captanabolic - that's a nice gesture. it's almost like "pay it forward".

bypass - now you have NO excuse!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA%3AIT&rd=1
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ca82822.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	38.5 KB
ID:	352124  
Old 11-18-2005, 04:28 PM
xpcgamer
My Feedback: (6)

Jeeze I fianlly get some info on this car. I just picked up colt f1..it is missing the body..but has the nose and tail. Original motor runs good as well. Do you guys know where I can get a body or at least a link for some place I can get parts. Ebay is dry on parts for this car. I also got a Colt Mini nitro. Any info would be great!!!
Thanks X
Old 11-19-2005, 02:20 PM
forestroke

well you're out of luck! other than the occasional ebay auction, it's no longer available. but you can try a tamiya F2001 body they are similar in size but i'm not sure it fits since the colt body is not as a scale as the tamiyas.

colt tamiya
205mm 196mm
430mm 424mm

as with the mini, i don't recommend the two speed unless you're not using the mini body. with the mini body, it becomes very unstable. there are bodies available for the tamiya M03 that fit. skyline, evo, WRXs and McLaren F1s are available. they are much more stable bodies.
Old 11-20-2005, 09:58 PM
xpcgamer
My Feedback: (6)

Thanks Stroke. I am gonna look for a M03 body to paint. I picked up a Hpi nitro mini body(civic) but it wont fit.
As for the Colt F1 I guess I will be puttin it on ebay or for sale on the for sale section. I have heard of people running Tamiya tires and rims and getting the bodies to fit as well, but I guess I am just not into RC F1 as much.
Do you think I can parts for the Ofna Colt mini?
Old 11-22-2005, 01:15 AM
forestroke

that's odd, the HPI nitro mini should be exactly the same!!! it's the same car!

not sure where you'd find mini parts. hong kong's GPM Racing use to carry some.
Old 09-19-2006, 01:05 PM
thehobbybox2003

Yes I have 2 of them if your intrested ofna formula one nitro indy e-mail [email protected]
Old 09-20-2006, 12:26 PM
ProRCRacer88

Has any1 heard of the serpent F180 thats suppose to be coming out soon, or has it already released? I was interested in getting one if I find an area to run onroad stuff.
Old 09-20-2006, 11:05 PM
forestroke

I'm dying for the Serpent to come out. I'd pick it up in a second. Problem is that since it's prototype debut, no news yet. I hope people will be racing them stock, though... that's the best type of racing!
Old 07-17-2009, 09:31 AM
PIRTY

does anybody recognize this kit? it belongs to a friend who wants to get rid of it and i wanted to know first who made it. thanks for the help guys.

Old 07-17-2009, 12:47 PM
HondaCRX

I'm pretty sure that's a Kyosho, but I can't remember the actual name of the chassis.
Old 07-18-2009, 01:43 AM
ziggy12345

http://www.serpent.com/product/300010
Old 07-19-2009, 10:07 PM
forestroke

that's the Kyosho F-Ten. it's not as valuable as the one with the inboard shocks but it's still worth some good money. the F-Ten body is nearly impossible to find so I hope you have it already. the F-Ten came in F-1 livery as well as some IMSA cars. If you have the 2 speed, it might be worth a little more. good luck!
Old 07-20-2009, 07:04 AM
dsales

Thunder Tiger sells a 1/10 scale F1 car. I bought mine 3 years ago for £120 new so it should be real cheap now. Although when you buy it you need to gut it everything out of it and put some quality stuff back in.
Old 02-24-2011, 09:01 AM
insytscomputer

I know this is old, maybe I should start a new thread, but i was just in contact with Kyosho Regarding a Nitro F1 car they have for sale in Japan that just came out this year. They aren't currently carrying the car in the U.S. because they didn't think very many people would be interested in it, and I am, so Just out of curiosity who else would be intersted in a new Nitro F1 car. they said street price would be around $500 so buying new would go for somewhere around $600.00 in a RTR kit. So if we have enough people that show an interest in the kit they will bring the car to the US. I have all the info and the model if you want to see some specs and pics. but really hoping we can get enough people to repost so I can show kyosho this thread.

Aaron
Detroit, MI
Old 02-24-2011, 08:10 PM
forestroke

I think the F1 cars are a bit too fragile. I imagine those that would race these would be a more mature audience since they wouldn't be the fastest nor the best handling. They would be for those that like the look. Kind of like Mini racing. I'd join, but then if no one else has one, it's really not great fun since you'd likely be passed by even the cheapest of RTR's from China! You need a successful series to make this work.

Look at the Tamiya F201, which was clearly one of the best ever RC renditions of the F1, yet even it's life was short lived.
Old 02-25-2011, 07:07 AM
insytscomputer

I think the look and style of the open wheel race car is amazing, and with the detail they have on the nitro RC F1's I am surprised that it isn't more popular. I did however find a hobby shop in japan that will ship the new Kyosho F1 car here and I can have to to my door at only $301.00

kyosho america said if they brought it here they were going to sell it for $600 maybe $700, so go figure. it just goes to show you how much the distributors and hobby shops make between the manufacturer's country and our door step. I've decided to order from japan,. comes fully insured, tracked, and only takes 10 days to get here through air.