Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC On Road Nitro Cars
Reload this Page >

Just bought a TC3 Plus, couple questions

Community
Search
Notices
RC On Road Nitro Cars Discuss all aspects of on-road nitro rc cars here

Just bought a TC3 Plus, couple questions

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2005, 09:24 AM
Ken448

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just bought a TC3 Plus, couple questions

ALoha!
New to the whole Nitro On-Road scene, just picked up a Plus
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWN%3AIT&rd=1
Good deal? I thought it was .. I used to race oval when I was younger, then got out of RC for a bit. Picked up a Revo, Jato, BL RC18T and now this. Im guessing it was a decent choice for a first on road Nitro basher. Correct me if Im wrong, the engine is a SG shaft stock? Im planning on modding this car and having some fun with it. Looking toward the .18TZ if it will work, or the more mild mannered CV-R. Starting isnt an issue, have a box already.. What is the Ver 2 rear suspension? Does it have some good benefits, what issues did it address? Ill prolly be using my MX-3S radio for it as well. whats more important for steering speed or torque? Is the setup guide that Associated sells for 6.95 worth it? What is the stock engine worth? (I might not even use it, just throw it on eBay unless anyone is interested in it here) I know lots of questions, but help a 31year old on-road n00b out! LOL

As for why I picked the TC3 over any other car, its mainly brand loyalty, I really dont care what else there is out there, I like Associated products and always have and LHS carries tons of associated parts so its a win-win!
Old 10-19-2005, 12:20 PM
gogita502
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Just bought a TC3 Plus, couple questions

AMAZING DEAL good pick up man. wish i have gotten that instead of my car[:@]

i its a shaft.
the .18tz can fit in there
not sure about rear suspension.

well i think speed cuz your not really going to burnout or lose controll with or without torque.
the setup is not worth it if your going to get a new engine. or get the new engine then get this.
the stock engine can run up to 80-90 tops

great car man
Old 10-20-2005, 01:51 AM
xkwizt

Default RE: Just bought a TC3 Plus, couple questions

yes it is, i have it, its strong to, my mates cant drive for **** and rammed it head 1st into a wall 3 or 4 times and it still going , kwik car wont do more than 80km/h stock, with new engine and top end gears easily reach 100+ km/h

that is a great deal considering i got mine for double that! @ $480 US/630 AU from a hobby shop.

version 2 rear suspension just hid some things, so when u get rammed up the ass they dont get hammered.
the stock engine is a beast so dun worry about a new one unless it has over 30 000 rpm and over 0.75 horsepower.
Yeh the guide is worth it, ive got it, helps alot.
if ur getin the 18 tz for the horsepower, think twice, more rpm is for more speed, hp for better acceleration, but i definitely know that the TC3 dun need any more of that!!