Notices
RC On Road Nitro Cars Discuss all aspects of on-road nitro rc cars here

Hey there.

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2005, 04:51 PM
PillowPants

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hey there.

Hey. I am new to On-Road r/c cars. They look pretty sweet. I have an LST, T-maxx, savage, and a XXX-NT rtr2, so i'm not necissarily new to nitro. I find myself driving my Off-road trucks on-road more than i do off.. so I figured i'd get a car meant for just that! I have my eyes on a few, but need some opinions. I REALLY like the HPI 18SS, but i'm a little nervous because i'm afraid i'll mess up if i do a kit. So, i figured i'd get a really good RTR and gradually upgrade it to kit quality, much like i have with every single one of my other r/c's. So, what is a really good rtr on-road? I know, i know, you are probably thinking "ohh not another what should i get thread", but i know soo little about on-road cars, that i don't even know what to search for! lol.
Old 10-22-2005, 05:24 PM
Piero23

Default RE: Hey there.

Well you said that you are not a new to nitro so than you should have no problems building the 18ss kit. That is the all best beginners on road car out right now. Very fast, very durable, handles well and so many hop ups available. Your better off with the kit cuz you will get to use good servos and your own radio.

The following post will be about how the TC3 is better but its not.
Old 10-22-2005, 05:54 PM
RCsHPI

The following post will be about how the TC3 is better

HAHAAHHA, HOW TRUE!!

You can get the RTR HPI EVO...but I agree, if you have other nitro offroad cars and you know how to put those together and change parts YOU SHOULD BE FINE W/ the .18SS kit

ITS NOT HARD AT ALL TO PUT TOGETHER
Old 10-22-2005, 05:57 PM
PillowPants

well if you were to rate the difficulty, it would be greatly appreciated. I mean the kit building difficulty.
Old 10-22-2005, 08:01 PM
RCsHPI

well that depends....since you have some other nitro cars

I'd say on a scale from 1 - 10 (10 being the most difficult) I'd give it a 5!!

It's not hard at all, just follow the instruction carefully and youll be A O.K.!!

the hardest part will be TUNING the engine , but you allready know how to do that so YOUR ALL SET!!!!

Below is a link to the actual instruction manual of the rs4 .18SS, take a look through it and see what you think...

if the link doesnt work go to hpiracing.com and you'll see a bunch of tabs on the left side of the page, click on the "instructions" tab and you will see all the manuals, then click on the RS4 3 .18SS manual and you will see it....HOPEFULLY THE LINK BELOW WILL WORK THOUGH!

http://www.hpiracing.com/graphics/instr/10251/10251.pdf
Old 10-22-2005, 08:16 PM
RCsHPI

How much you wanna bet ole' uncle rico can throw this here pig skin over them mountains?

LOL

I just saw that movie again the other day on HBO LOLOL, man that guy plays the part good!!!

"youre drinking 1% milk, is that cuz you think your fat, cuz youre not, you can drink 2%"

Old 10-22-2005, 08:28 PM
PillowPants

ORIGINAL: V8 5.0 Mustang FanAddict

How much you wanna bet ole' uncle rico can throw this here pig skin over them mountains?

LOL

I just saw that movie again the other day on HBO LOLOL, man that guy plays the part good!!!

"youre drinking 1% milk, is that cuz you think your fat, cuz youre not, you can drink 2%"

Lmao, i love that movie! Thats just my kind of humor! Proves that it doesn't have to be dirty or racial to be funny. Thats what i like about it.
Old 10-22-2005, 09:34 PM
Piero23

The 18ss kit goes together really sweet. The hardest flippin thing is setting the throttle linkage. But after that you can take it off some sweet jumps. If you already have some nitro skills, nunchuk skills, or computer hacking skills, the kit will be no problem. Sigh.
Old 10-22-2005, 10:06 PM
RCsHPI

But after that you can take it off some sweet jumps. If you already have some nitro skills, nunchuk skills, or computer hacking skills, the kit will be no problem. Sigh.

HAHAHA I JUST WATCHED THAT PART ON HBO FAMILY CHANNEL

I told TheHamburglar I saw it the other day and I just caught it again tonight LOL

I caught it right on that part where he says, you gotta have some skills like you put LOLOL, then Pedro tells him to draw a picture of her LOLOL I spent hours shading your upper lip..LOLOL

whats your favorite animal..."a liger" HAHAH THAT MOVIE KILLS ME!!!