Notices
RC On Road Nitro Cars Discuss all aspects of on-road nitro rc cars here

Help Building HPI RS4 3

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2005, 02:14 PM
knew2nitro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help Building HPI RS4 3

Ok, I'm building my first kit and I ran into a small problem (I'm not mechanically inclined). There are these small spring pins (Z251) that they show going through holes. My problem they just go through the hole and wont stay there. What am I doing wrong, how do I install them so they will stay?

I decided to get a kit instead of a RTR for the fun and I better be able to rebuild it when parts break. Thanks
Old 10-23-2005, 02:50 PM
Josh222

Default RE: Help Building HPI RS4 3

i take it that you are putting the 2-speed toghter, thats ok that they fall out because there is a plastic piece with a slot in it that hold them in place parts 76822b and 76822a
Old 10-23-2005, 03:28 PM
knew2nitro

Thanks for the quick response, its very much appreciated. BTW---Yes I'm building the 2-Speed tranny.
Old 10-23-2005, 03:38 PM
Josh222

no problem
Old 10-23-2005, 04:33 PM
RCsHPI

just my .02...I noticed the pins fell out too (76822b and 76822a) even after attaching to the shaft

so I put a little silicone in the holes (VERY LITTLE BIT< NOT TOO MUCH) just to seal the holes up

worked fine!!
Old 10-23-2005, 05:18 PM
Josh222

mine are crushed a little bit and they never fall out but that happens after owning the car for over 2 years
Old 10-26-2005, 02:05 PM
knew2nitro

The one thing I've learned when building this car is that I need to have more faith in the instructions. [&:]

Sometimes I try and out-think the instructions saying, "it should fit this way or that shouldn't do this" or something similar, only to find out that there is a solution to my concern a few steps down road. If it were me putting these instructions together I would note some of these "awkward" breaks in the building steps. But thats just me.
Old 10-26-2005, 11:47 PM
RCsHPI

ORIGINAL: knew2nitro

The one thing I've learned when building this car is that I need to have more faith in the instructions. [&:]

Sometimes I try and out-think the instructions saying, "it should fit this way or that shouldn't do this" or something similar, only to find out that there is a solution to my concern a few steps down road. If it were me putting these instructions together I would note some of these "awkward" breaks in the building steps. But thats just me.
LOL, yeah sometimes we get ahead of ourselves [&:]

IVE BEEN THERE BEFORE