Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC On Road Nitro Cars
Reload this Page >

New here, but not to gas or electric 1/10. New builds, Questions, 3 gas cars.

Community
Search
Notices
RC On Road Nitro Cars Discuss all aspects of on-road nitro rc cars here

New here, but not to gas or electric 1/10. New builds, Questions, 3 gas cars.

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2005, 04:29 AM
CivicSi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New here, but not to gas or electric 1/10. New builds, Questions, 3 gas cars.

Hey all. I've been into RC for while, and I've had the obligatory Nitro RS4, with a OS .12TR, and also a Tamiya TL-01. Those got traded as a bundle for a PSP + 3 games a few weeks back.

This is the Lancer Evo 4 WRC body I made into a street car, sadly I didn't want to trade it, but when he saw it, he HAD to have it...don't blame him. You can't buy that paint anymore.

I now have a Tamiya TGS, for one reason, to fit my 190mmTamiya Lancer Evo VI WRC body onto it. Tamiya's bodies are the best, point blank. The Evo 6 is my fav car. Tamiya only made the Evo 6 in 190mm, so I had to buy a TGS RTR for it, because the TGS is 190mm like electric.

(Unpainted, but like my Evo 4, this Evo 6 will not have WRC livery when I come up with a color)

Now the TGS is VERY slow. A mild X Mod could keep up with one. Specs have never been posted for Tamiya's engine, but I read it's a rebadged OS .12TR, which has to be bull, cause I had one, and it was much faster. Maybe it's a detuned version? or a copy? Can anyone confirm this? Because if it is either, then I'm going with an OS. 12TZ, or an engine from the other cars I plan on getting.

Secondly on this Tamiya, I will not be cutting the winshield, or windows. My old gas bodies were HPI trash, so who cares, and the TGS has a Porsche with the side window cut out. I need to know if is it sufficient to dremel the actual Lancer Evo bumper holes to cool the engine, and maybe mod the roof scoop for air intake?

My other 2 cars that I will be doing are more straight up.

Car 2. Ebay Smartech with the 2 speed. This will get a Tamiya 200mm NSX body, with factory air intakes cut out to act as actual intakes.

Car 3. Nitro TC3 RTR. This will get a Tamiya 200mm Skyline body, same treatment as the others. This will ride on HPI Volk TE-37's with 6mm offset.

The TC3 will def be upgraded to an OS .18TZ. So that leaves the TC3 engine displaced. Is it an improvent over the Smartechs's engine, or no? If it is, can it go into the Smartech? or the Tamiya?

Thanks, I look forward to getting these cars, and getting them swapped, and custom bodied and of course getting pics/vids.