Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC On Road Nitro Cars
Reload this Page >

Looking to purchase Menace GTR - feedback? Any owners out there?

Community
Search
Notices
RC On Road Nitro Cars Discuss all aspects of on-road nitro rc cars here

Looking to purchase Menace GTR - feedback? Any owners out there?

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2005, 03:22 PM
Philster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking to purchase Menace GTR - feedback? Any owners out there?

I've put off my on-road purchase long enough. I'm convinced I want 1/8th scale, almost purchased the PRP XR80, almost went 1/7th scale with the Ofna Hyper One Seven, but saw how big it is, saw the weight of over 9lbs and saw they were moving it with only a .21 8-port.

I've kind of settled on the Schumacher Menace GTR. Gets pretty good reviews, and I have no interest in racing. Pure toy/novelty for me, and I've got good black top near me.

I don't see much chatter round these part on the GTR. I like the beefy 1/8 scale, and it seems to benefit from a wider stance vs. the Fusion.

Any general feedback on this car?

Popular or possible upgrades for handling (tires/wheels)?

Will it accept other engines?

Old 10-28-2005, 05:45 PM
nitrohead5300

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Looking to purchase Menace GTR - feedback? Any owners out there?

You could put a better .21 - .28 size motor in it like a Novarossi and up the performance. Get some wolfpack adapters and put wider Serpent tires on change the pinions etc for more topend speed.