Notices
RC On Road Nitro Cars Discuss all aspects of on-road nitro rc cars here

ebay rc 1/10 car???

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2005, 09:32 AM
vti-chris

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ebay rc 1/10 car???

Hi guys i was looking into on road nitro cars and there are some cheap 1/10 on ebay RTR for around $200,has anyone seen or tried one,or know anything about??
I do know that's it's the same company that makes the bazooka off road buggy.I know they are not top quality but then again paying $600-$700 for a good car is way out of my budjet!!!
Old 10-29-2005, 10:20 AM
SqueedilySpooch

Default RE: ebay rc 1/10 car???

i've never heard of a bazooka.....however i have seen more well know cars up for sale there for like 200-300 dollars and the guys are really desprite...i mean like whole lots of stuff. U just gotta be a smart searcher or browser...
Old 10-30-2005, 12:15 AM
gogita502
My Feedback: (1)

smartech rip-off

heard bad story would skip on these. can if wanted as a first car but it would just make you want to quit the hobby for many reasons.

1. speed would not be fast and would most likely be slow

2. parts are never carried by your lhs(local hobby store)

3. car might come defected. its from china or a forgein country which dont make the best cars.
Old 10-30-2005, 12:36 PM
vti-chris

This is the car!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA%3AIT&rd=1
Old 10-30-2005, 02:51 PM
wally123

I too am interested in purchasing this car. I just can't find any reviews about it. Can someone provide a review ?
Old 10-30-2005, 05:14 PM
SqueedilySpooch

ball bearing are offered for an upgrade???what i've never heard of a nitro that didnt come without ball bearings stock...uh...That to me looks like a cheap knockoff of a rs4 3.....seriously, i wouldnt go for those cars that no1 has heard of...i mean do u know where to get replacement parts? I would try a little bit for a well known car as i stated before...
Old 10-31-2005, 12:15 AM
vti-chris

I already sent an email to them and they provided a site with ALL small-large parts for it!!
I know it's cheap [sm=greedy.gif] but what can i get at that price.
Suggestions needed!!!
Also the problem with this one is that it comes with .18 engine and i need .12 to race here!
Old 10-31-2005, 10:01 PM
gogita502
My Feedback: (1)

nitrohouse ld3.

nitrohouse.com click on ld2. top sale. 200
Old 11-01-2005, 11:59 AM
Ken448

watc for RTR TC3 Plus.. They go pretty cheap, I got mine for $224.50 last week new in bow, you just have to be patient. Id never buy a car my LHS doesnt have parts for. It SUCKS waiting for stuff, and paying shipping charges every time you need something.
Old 11-01-2005, 11:16 PM
wally123

vti-chris: did you find any reviews about the himoto cars ?
Old 11-02-2005, 01:13 AM
forestroke

when i did my first lap in my RRR, on the back straight, i moved to the side to let cars pass. a pebble got stuck in the belt and my car got hit from behind. didn't even get a lap in before i needed a replacement part.

what are you going to do if you need one?
Old 11-02-2005, 03:39 AM
stanmart

ORIGINAL: vti-chris

Hi guys i was looking into on road nitro cars and there are some cheap 1/10 on ebay RTR for around $200,has anyone seen or tried one,or know anything about??
I do know that's it's the same company that makes the bazooka off road buggy.I know they are not top quality but then again paying $600-$700 for a good car is way out of my budjet!!!
Dont buy this car. Remember you get what you pay for. You pay a little and you will get a little. You want to race this car? Man i cant imagine getting much for 200 bucks. If you want a good car for a budget racer get an R40 or a TC3. Ya you will spend a bit more but you will be much happier.

R40 is about 250 brand new plus an engine and radio.

Remember most tracks will NOT let you race with an am radio. Im sure thats what that car comes with. You have to buy FM. Your lookin at about 500 to 600 bucks to get into a street racer brand new. Now id look for something used on ebay. You can probably find something good. Might be able to get into racing for about 400 to 500 to start with.

You need a car, radio, engine, glow ignitors, hump pack, charger for hump pack, gas, starter box if you get a tc3 or r40.

If your going to buy a budget car get some kind of HPI. Like an RS4 or something. Parts are plentiful.
Old 11-02-2005, 04:17 AM
forestroke

on that note, you might visit the track and see what they have for sale there. it's important to inspect 2nd hand goods before you purchase them because it's nearly impossible to tell their condition from pictures.

if you talk to the people there... there just might be someone with a car they no longer need or want.

i got my evolva from a guy that has moved on to the 2005 version.
Old 11-02-2005, 09:10 AM
boltech

Never heard of the bazooka either. but once again parts is a big issue with any foreign made car.
BUT. I would do some research before going into an ebay car. My first car was a Smartech Commando and I got lucky as my LHS did have some experience with the smartech brand and altho they didn't stock any parts they were always fast in finding an HPI or traxxas replacment that would fit with little or no modification. helps if you bring the broken part and car in with you.

I still have the car and it runs great, I use it mainly for bashing on my street.

some things you should note with foreign cars.

They WILL be AM, and they WILL be thrown off easily by the slightest interference. I've hit the curb and flipped the car WOT quite a few times. I had to get rid of all the electronics and go with JR FM. Never lost control since.

Clutch shoes. Very very cheap I could not tell you how light and flimsy they are. for a while I was using traxxas clutch shoes until I came across a nice set of alloy billets on ebay.

Durability I can say from my experience that my car is pretty durable, but I have heard other horror stories. you will need to find someone who owns the particular car you are looking at.

Last note altho you will find hpi or traxxas parts that may fit the car, but for the engine you will NEVER find at the LHS. I've never had engine problems but I do know once I do, even the slightest It will mean a new engine as you won't get parts and it will be cheaper to drop in an engine that you LHS supports.

These are some things to note

ORIGINAL: vti-chris

Old 11-02-2005, 06:45 PM
wally123

What hit your car from behind when the pebble got stuck in the belt ?

Would buying a more reputable car avoid the problem of pebbles getting stuck in the belt ?

ORIGINAL: forestroke

when i did my first lap in my RRR, on the back straight, i moved to the side to let cars pass. a pebble got stuck in the belt and my car got hit from behind. didn't even get a lap in before i needed a replacement part.

what are you going to do if you need one?
Old 11-02-2005, 06:51 PM
Ken448

pebbles in belts is a fact of life.. If you are a parking lot basher or un groomed track racer, try to stay away from belt driven cars.
Old 11-02-2005, 09:19 PM
forestroke

wally - Kyosho V-One RRR World Champion edition :-) already quite reputable

ken - this was at a track that should've been groomed. what's worse is now i run at a track that is public and anything off the racing line is like off roading.
Old 11-03-2005, 05:59 PM
wally123

Is 27mhz considered am or fm ?
Old 11-03-2005, 06:07 PM
Ken448

27 can be either AM or FM more than likley though it is AM. problem with 27 is there is only 5 or 6 channels to run on as opposed to 30 for 75mhz
Old 11-09-2005, 02:54 PM
Peter6bee

ORIGINAL: gogita502

smartech rip-off

heard bad story would skip on these. can if wanted as a first car but it would just make you want to quit the hobby for many reasons.

1. speed would not be fast and would most likely be slow

2. parts are never carried by your lhs(local hobby store)

3. car might come defected. its from china or a forgein country which dont make the best cars.
I recently bought one of these and am impressed for the price. Obviously its not gonna be a great racing car for the money but for a beginer like me who just wants to blast around a car park its great. Its not slow by any means!