Notices
RC On Road Nitro Cars Discuss all aspects of on-road nitro rc cars here

pullstart not working

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2005, 07:15 PM
tonyww

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default pullstart not working

my pullstart not working when i pull it...it pulling free. so what to do...? i take it down and clean it....it work then it went back free
Old 11-17-2005, 11:08 AM
Philster

Default RE: pullstart not working

Cleaning the one way bearing will help get you by, but the one way bearing that catches the shaft might need replacing. A clean but worn bearing can catch, but the slightest grime will cause it to slip.

Believe it or not, it could be your fuel. One way bearings slip more often when you use high oil fuels, such as those with 15% or more oil (or just about any Blue Thunder fuel, regardless of oil%).

Some folks drill two holes in the P/S cover...one at the top to squirt in some cleaner, and one at the bottom to let it drain. They use small rubber from a pencil eraser to plug the holes.

Old 11-17-2005, 03:04 PM
fastest_ntc3

Default RE: pullstart not working

The long medal spring is not staying in its grooves on the pull starters cover. When you take the pull starter apart, try winding the spring tight enough so that it won't be able to get out of the grooves. My pull starter has done the same thing as yours about 5 times, fixed it each time. But it kept coming free. So I have decided to buy an electric starter box.