race18

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: cold air intake

for real cars
Old 12-08-2005, 10:17 PM
SqueedilySpooch

there isnt anything that would do create cold enough air in the intake unless you put a intercooler on the car. Im sure the power to weight gain won't be helpful really. Besides a nicer engine can yeld and exhaust combo can yield better results than these cool 1:1 car things. Which either dont work or they arent worth doing.
Old 12-09-2005, 08:02 AM
2fast2slow

this is not a cold air, but something like it.

http://rbinnovations.com/catalog/pro...products_id/46
Old 12-09-2005, 11:45 AM
nitro_redneck

yea i was looking at that one for my question and also teh 1/10 scale different colored ones here is a link

http://rbinnovations.com/catalog/pro...a1983c256fdd40
Old 12-09-2005, 07:21 PM
Igotntc3andrevo

what they mean is the engine sucks the cool air from the front of the car rather than the heat excaping the engine head
Old 12-09-2005, 07:27 PM
FE_Chris
My Feedback: (2)

I've got one on my 4.0L 2002 ranger. it does not add much power. I only really notice it when it's REALLY COLD outside and I hammer on it, it seems to have a bit more mid-high end. Sounds like a waste of money for RC. Heck, it was just about a waste of money for my 1:1
Old 12-09-2005, 08:10 PM
SqueedilySpooch

cold intakes are used in combination of other engine enchancing products. So, yea there wouldnt be much of a difference. As i said b4 an intercooler would be needed. Even if it is avoiding hot air around the engine it would not create any noticable difference...just a big bulky thing such as that long tube. Also the "ram" air affect does nothing and would just decrease the life of air filters. Inaddition paper filters offer the LEAST protection for your engine they dont trap smaller particles. Cmon 36 DOLLARS???? for something that looks nice but will destroy an expensive engine... i dont think so.
Old 12-09-2005, 08:14 PM
annie_himself

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: SqueedilySpooch

cold intakes are used in combination of other engine enchancing products. So, yea there wouldnt be much of a difference. As i said b4 an intercooler would be needed. Even if it is avoiding hot air around the engine it would not create any noticable difference...just a big bulky thing such as that long tube. Also the "ram" air affect does nothing and would just decrease the life of air filters. Inaddition paper filters offer the LEAST protection for your engine they dont trap smaller particles. Cmon 36 DOLLARS???? for something that looks nice but will destroy an expensive engine... i dont think so.
I beleive a intercooler is used to cool the exhasut gases that the turbocharger uses to cram into the engine.
Old 12-09-2005, 08:15 PM
FE_Chris
My Feedback: (2)

HERE !!! HERE !!!
ORIGINAL: SqueedilySpooch

Old 12-11-2005, 02:57 AM
armedtotheteeth

No such thing as a cold-air for RC. Squeedily, you remember when myself and some other guy got in a heated arguement about that? All it would do is look pretty. And the silly superchargers from RB, supercharging a 2 stroke DOESNT WORK. It just pushes more unburned fuel through your engine.