RC On Road Nitro Cars Discuss all aspects of on-road nitro rc cars here

Need 4-tec Help

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2005, 02:32 PM
crazy1323
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need 4-tec Help

I am new to RC. I have a nitro 4-tec. I was driving it today and then i slammed on the brakes. when I went to accelerate again, the engine reved but the car did not move. I was driving fine before adn the gear mesh is lined up perfectly. what do you think could be the problem?
Old 12-29-2005, 12:27 AM
CustomZ02

Default RE: Need 4-tec Help

Mine did the same thing during break-in on tank 4. I checked it out and I lost 1st speed clutch gear, my guess is that it untreaded itself some how. I went to the hobby store today and Im getting a free replacement as they said it was defective. You can find the replacement here http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...L=++&search=Go . It might be that, if not I don't know. The part number is 4816 you can look it up in your "What To Do IF Your Traxxas Model Breaks" Book. And see if it is missing.
Old 12-29-2005, 05:53 PM
losixxx-nt

how was it defective??
mine did the same thing and thankfully i found where the first gear flew too and i lock tited the crap out of it havent had a problem since
Old 12-29-2005, 07:08 PM
qube

i love my 4-tec

Old 01-01-2006, 10:43 PM
CustomZ02

ORIGINAL: losi xxx-ntkid

how was it defective??
mine did the same thing and thankfully i found where the first gear flew too and i lock tited the crap out of it havent had a problem since

Dunno, the guy just said if it came off during break in it was defective. So thankfully I don't have to pay for the new gear. i recently finished a new body for my 4-Tec I love it. Just can't wait to get that gear and finish breaking it in.