Notices
RC On Road Nitro Cars Discuss all aspects of on-road nitro rc cars here

Best nitro car

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2005, 03:05 PM
heavyarms642

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best nitro car

The purpose of this post is to get a feel on what everyone who replies thinks is the best nitro car. now, before i get a verbal whoopin', i know the term "best" has its limitations depending on what kind of driving you do, whether it be racing, just for fun, or a little bit of both. for the purpose of this post the "best" car would be driven in some small track races (nothing official) with some buddies, and just having a good time. i also realize that the word "best" would also have a great deal to do with parts availability, as it is no fun to have a b!tchin car that when it breaks you cant drive it for a week, waiting for parts to arrive in the mail. so lets also say that any parts are readily available at my lhs. what does everyone think?
Old 12-15-2005, 03:12 PM
Saboteur10573

Default RE: Best nitro car

Indeed every car has a purpose. As which car to use people would say "better suited" rather than "best". Anyway the HPI RS4 3 w/18 engine or the NTC3 RTR plus. Both are around the $300 price range, go over 50mph and have parts available at most LHS.. The HPI is mainly a bashing vehicle and works great for messing around. I race most of the time, but if it were me I personally would take the AE, because as always it's better suited for some future competative racing and comes in a more complete package.
Old 12-15-2005, 05:20 PM
heavyarms642

i had a strong feeling that the competition would include hpi and associated. indeed, both the rs4 and the ntc3 have a great parts supply at all of my lhs's. although almost everyone i ask recommends the ntc3. they seem like great cars with a nice hop-up market.
Old 12-15-2005, 06:17 PM
SqueedilySpooch

Preference and your driving style would come into the matter of your desicion. The Ntc3 has a bit more competive edge but the hpi is a little more durable in return. I've seen ntc3's and rs4 3 take some pretty big hits and the hpi had a less destructive outcome most of the time.
Old 12-15-2005, 06:24 PM
Benbot

Why does the NTC3 break more easily than other cars? Is it due to cheap parts (which can be upgraded with aftermarket hopups?) or just poor design? Can the NTC3 be made to be just as durable as the other cars if you uprade the parts, or is it a design flaw that you can't really work around?
Old 12-15-2005, 08:11 PM
xdirtydeedsx

The RS4-3 and NTC3 are both excellent cars. Just take your pick.
Old 12-15-2005, 09:52 PM
Saboteur10573

ORIGINAL: Benbot

Why does the NTC3 break more easily than other cars? Is it due to cheap parts (which can be upgraded with aftermarket hopups?) or just poor design? Can the NTC3 be made to be just as durable as the other cars if you uprade the parts, or is it a design flaw that you can't really work around?
That's a hit and miss. The way the NTC3 is designed a hit to the pipe will damage the fuel tank. You can upgrade to some other parts to make the car stronger, but the fuel tank is still prone to damage. IMO I'd take the CD3 pro over the NTC3 anyday. It's a more sturdy car and for the price you get every upgrade for it.
Old 12-16-2005, 12:37 PM
fastest_ntc3

The only thing bad about the CD3 Pro is the part availability. You can find ntc3 parts at almost any hobby shop.
Old 12-16-2005, 04:02 PM
Saboteur10573

The LHS should have no problem ordering parts for it. 5 different shops I went to had or didnt' have the car in stock and had no prob with getting parts.
Old 12-16-2005, 09:23 PM
Making2MuchMoney

tc3 is the best in my eyes
but if you really wanna spend the money and time building it your should get a serpent 710
NOW DATS A RACE CAR!
Old 12-18-2005, 01:05 AM
fatox

is there any other model that is even better or more competitive?
Old 12-18-2005, 01:17 AM
Saboteur10573

ORIGINAL: fatox

is there any other model that is even better or more competitive?
Better than what? What model?