Notices
RC On Road Nitro Cars Discuss all aspects of on-road nitro rc cars here

where to mount....

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2005, 06:16 PM
qube

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default where to mount....

iv had this on my old car (hpi rsr type ss) but i dont use that anymore. so i took it off and now i am tryingto find where to mount it on the car i use now. i got 2 places showed in pic. tell me which is better.

i am at a loss to find out where to put it.
Old 12-27-2005, 08:08 AM
snowbl!nd

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: where to mount....

Erm... neither.

In the first photo, the magnet would run the risk of being damaged should the belt shift over. Something as simple as adjusting the belt tension could cause the belt to move over to the centre or right-hand side of the front diff and would result in both being damaged (probably requiring a new diff casing, belt and magnet).

The second location shows the magnet located on the 2-speed transmission, on the second gear (the second gear to engage, correct??) I believe that if you put the magnet here that it would not give a correct reading when the car was in first gear, as the second gear is not engaged, and therefore not moving at the same speed as the 2-speed shaft. This would mean that the VSM would give an incorrect speed.

How about locating the magnet on the shaft near the front of the car, just in front of the fuel tank? There should be enougn room to mount the sensor just to the side of the fuel tank (i.e exactly where the cable-tie is in the first photograph)