Notices
RC On Road Nitro Cars Discuss all aspects of on-road nitro rc cars here

4-tec brake adjustment

Old 01-01-2006, 11:17 PM
jcrack_corn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4-tec brake adjustment

I just got a 4-tec for free....basically a mom got it for a kid about 2-3 years ago and he played with it for a few months and its been sitting in the garage. Anyway, not new to RC or Nitro, I stripped it and rebuilt and it runs like a bullet now. However...i cant seem to find out how the brakes should be adjusted...so a couple of questions.

Should there be any brake liner on the brakes or or they just metal, second, how tight should I set the allen screw for adjustment. Right now I have it set so that if I am at speed and let go of the throttle, the car will stop fairly quickly (without adding any reverse throttle) -- so i have the brakes set to drag a little. It seems if I set it any less, of course there is no drag, but they will also not "lock" when I apply full reverse.

Do the liners need to be changed? what is the correct way for these things to work? Thanks!
Old 01-01-2006, 11:26 PM
qube

Default RE: 4-tec brake adjustment

first part, you shouldnt have any brake liner on it like tubing. second, DO NOT set your brakes so that your car stops after u let go of the throttle. your car should run freely when u let go of the throttle. as in if u dont touch the trigger, it should be easy to move and not be in a braking position.
Old 01-02-2006, 02:19 PM
losixxx-nt

i run my tec with the brakes draging alittle just in case of a dreaded run-a-way.......

you are lucky to just get a tec handed to you i am jelious
go to traxxas's website and look at there manuals it will help you out ALOT if you dont have a owners mannual (trust me ive been there its not fun)
Old 01-03-2006, 09:26 PM
TB RACING

Dragging the break only leads to premature wear of other items.