My Feedback: (5)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RC Dragsters

I'm looking into buying a RC dragster or pro stock car. I was wondering what would you guys recomend. I've seen the Megatech dragster and wasn't impressed with it.
Old 01-14-2006, 01:12 AM
Igotntc3andrevo

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: RC Dragsters

try neweramodels.com
they aren't ready to run though
Old 01-14-2006, 01:43 AM
Piero23

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I suspect that most of these RC dragsters wind up becoming just shelf queens.

They have very minimal and stiff supension so running them any other surface besides glasss will probly destroy the car. Especially at those claimed 70mph. I have no doubt that they can reach those speeds, but I would be scared of going out of range.

For the money get yourself a Power Racing XR80 and mod it to run quick drag times. I am from the school of thought that at speeds of 60+ you need 1/8th scale footprint to maintain good stability.
Old 01-14-2006, 04:02 PM
fastest_ntc3

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Try [link=http://www.rcdrags.com]rc drags.com[/link]. They have video clips of rc nitro drag races on there. It doesn't seem exciting because you drive the car for 3 seconds. I agree with Piero, just get the XR80. It has plenty of speed, plus you don't have to go in a straight line. If you want a 1/10 scale car with lots of speed, you can get a Cen or a Schumacher.
Old 01-15-2006, 12:20 PM
2916jr

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Piero23

They have very minimal and stiff supension so running them any other surface besides glasss will probly destroy the car. Especially at those claimed 70mph. I have no doubt that they can reach those speeds, but I would be scared of going out of range.

For the money get yourself a Power Racing XR80 and mod it to run quick drag times. I am from the school of thought that at speeds of 60+ you need 1/8th scale footprint to maintain good stability.
and yeah they do go 70mph+ and Roy Anderson broke the record at 98 mph[>:]and it is true because they have interviews with him and if it was fake why would they have a interview with him and as for running them they run on asphalt. and try these web sites www.grandmotorsports.com www.teamwalbern.com and neweramodels cars are to heavy to race in the pro classes but they are good for bracket
Old 01-15-2006, 12:27 PM
2916jr

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: 2916jr

ORIGINAL: Piero23

Roy Anderson broke the record at 98 mph[>:]and it is true because they have interviews with him and if it was fake why would they have a interview with him and as for running them they run on asphalt. and try these web sites www.grandmotorsports.com www.teamwalbern.com and neweramodels cars are to heavy to race in the pro classes but they are good for bracket
Old 01-15-2006, 06:05 PM
M.R. Ogle

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I understand that it may not seem to be that exciting because it only lasts for a few seconds... but if you've ever been to a real pro-level RC drag race, you'd change your mind... it's simply awesome!
There's nothing you can buy that comes anywhere the acceleration of one of these cars. They are the quickest, fastest, RC cars on earth.
Only one or two purpose-built land speed cars have been anywhere close in speed. But the fastest car is still Chris Collins' 112.7 mph car... a dragster.