Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC On Road Nitro Cars
Reload this Page >

new to racing whats a good car 1/10th

Community
Search
Notices
RC On Road Nitro Cars Discuss all aspects of on-road nitro rc cars here

new to racing whats a good car 1/10th

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2006, 09:32 PM
benrock

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new to racing whats a good car 1/10th

hey every one great site , i have been using rc's for 10 yrs , i want to get into onroad nitro 1/10th but i want to smoke the compition which car do you racers recomend , i want fast and sticks to the road !!!
Old 01-14-2006, 09:38 PM
popparipper

Default RE: new to racing whats a good car 1/10th

yeah me 2. lol,buy a smartech
Old 01-14-2006, 10:45 PM
benrock

rs4, tc3 , r40 , cen ?
Old 01-14-2006, 11:25 PM
fastest_ntc3

The HPI R-40 and the Nitro TC3 Factrory Team are good choices. If you have a lot of money to spend, get the Kyosho V-one RRR, Mugen MTX-4, or a Serpent.

All the cars I mentioned above are in kit form, you will have to buy the engine, radio, and exhaust separately.
Old 01-15-2006, 09:02 PM
[$bigmike$]
Banned

dude get tha schumacker nitro fusion or the new cen
Old 01-15-2006, 10:38 PM
dirtyharry722

i am also new to nitro cars, i bought the nitro 4tec. read about the schumacher, really fast, but where can I find one. I purchased the 4tec from hobbytown usa
Old 01-16-2006, 12:24 AM
[$bigmike$]
Banned

dude since you are in kennesaw you can go to duluth to their hobby town usa and get one they run from 350 to 500 for onroad so i wouldent suggest getting one unless u got some green cuz matinence on the fusion that i have is very costly like atleast 200 a year and then upgrades. most matenence comes from tires. i run jaco 2 pro 26mm 38 shore front and jaco 2 pro 30mm 42 shore rear. i got to buy new tires every 3 months and they are like 60 bucks for a set of four. plus things like gas. dude u will need lots of gas because when you run the fusion the gas tank actually boils and the gas inside boils which makes the car kinda choke because it is suckin in steam with gas. the point of me telling you this is because you will eventually will have to buy a new exaust pipe because the one you get stock will melt under a high tempature. last but not least the schumacker's gears AlLLWAYS strip when you first get then if you dont know what you are doing. (i would suggest a fail safe with the schumacker cuz it is an expensive car with even more expensive parts!
Old 01-16-2006, 11:16 AM
Transmission
My Feedback: (1)

don"t listen to bigmike he talks nonsense if you really want a top of the line car that will smoke the compettion dont get a schumacher although there fast there no that track worthy i suggest mugen, kyosho(v-one rrr), hpi(r40) or the team associated would be the best choice cause you can learn pretty good and then hop it up to race level without that much money dissapearing out of you wallet. Dont get a smartech. dirty harry stick with your 4-tec and get a new powerplant and other hop ups such as belt tensioner, one-way differential, race foams etc. because if your transferring from offroad you want to get your skills right because on-road is a whole different ball game. But you didn't say you wanted to race so you get just go get a car with a big engine( like big mike said in his other post) and tyr to tell the people on rcuniverse that your car can burn theirs( dont really do that i was being sarchastic.)
Old 01-16-2006, 11:24 AM
Transmission

Please Don't get a SMARTECH
Old 01-16-2006, 12:51 PM
[$bigmike$]
Banned

dude mugen sucks and kyosho stick with traxxas or schumacker and you guys are hatin cuz u cant afford 1!
Old 01-16-2006, 04:17 PM
nitroracer20

hahaha. dont even get me started. The mugens, r40's, serpents and kyoshos cost 2 times as much as your "shumaker", and handle 5 times a good. You obviously must not know how to tune your **** if the exhaust is melting and the gas is boiling, and must not know maintenance if you strip out gears constantly.
Old 01-16-2006, 05:10 PM
Transmission

Traxxas and "shumaker aren't even that race worthy take our advice to stop listening to bigmikes advice he obvioulsly knows nothing about rc. "shumaker" sniffs hardcore exhaust.

Don't call me a dude i am black god dammit. Tk
Old 01-16-2006, 07:57 PM
dirtyharry722

bigmike, thanks for replying, money is not the issue here, I am transferring to a new hobby and don't care what i spend the money on, I wanted opinions on raceworthy and the best value car money can buy. to me nothing is wrong with the 4tec because i have not driven anything else, that's why I want another car to compare and to step up to the next best thing. i researched the mugen mxt4 i believe, t2master, where can I find one and is good car handling, straightline speed and parts availability, forget price that is not a deciding factor here, bigmike thanks for advice but I am not a kid waiting for my allowance from my parents
Old 01-16-2006, 08:27 PM
Transmission

Well you could cehck your local hooby shop and ask them to order one up, or you could go to an online shop. The parts availibilty on the higher end car such as the mtx-4 or the v-oner rrr aren't the greatest but they are durable and the cars rarely break, but i would recommend the hpi r40 because it is a great race car and the parts availibilty are good. basically with the r40 kit you need to assemble pop in radio gear, drop in a good powerplant, practice, tune and then your ready to race. The mtx-4 kit is 479.99 off towerhobbies.com compared to the r40 kit which is 259.99. the r40 is relatively the better buy but since money is not a obstacle you could go with the mtx-4. if you check tower there are about 5 pages of option/replacement parts for the r40 compared to none for the mtx4
Old 01-17-2006, 10:19 AM
dirtyharry722

thanks, man, appreciate it
I will check into towerhobbies at work today
now I have something to do
Old 01-17-2006, 02:43 PM
Transmission