Official Crash Story Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2006, 02:55 PM
RC-MAN-4EVA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Official Crash Story Thread

Hey

I didn't see a crash thread so i'm starting one now.... here's my crash story:

Today i as was out driving... it was -13C and it was pretty icy so what the heck i went out and for 7 minutes everything was alrite but my fingers were freezing... i then went full throttle but my fingers were too cold and to numb to react... i went over a manhole... slid on the ice... and i crashed into a curb..... i'm not sure if i was too cold or my signal was stolen cause my friend has the same channel as me and it was glitching after... after 2 minutes i finally found out that i lost my tire.... 3 wheel drive for 2 minutes... can someone help me? I dunno how to put the wheels back.. right now i just see a blue bearing and a broken tire... i'll post it with some piecies i broke today...
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ec87660.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	38.3 KB
ID:	388171   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vq50647.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	34.6 KB
ID:	388172   Click image for larger version

Name:	In28530.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	23.1 KB
ID:	388173  
Old 01-15-2006, 03:37 PM
Transmission
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Official Crash Story Thread

They gray place is snapped because the hex is suppose to be there. Well it looks snaps any way if if not yo have to put the pin through it with the hex so the hex stays attached and then put the wheel back on.

well here is my story. I was about 9 I'm 14 now. It was four days before Christmas any since i got my car early it old my mom i had to break it in so she let me drive it so after I broke it in i was doing some full throttle run and it when outta range since i didn't no much i ran after it and it went back into range so i stopped for the day 2 days later it was nice outside so i went out to show my friends how good my car was they were driving there tyco and Nikko cars when i was running a hobby grade gas so we went to the emptiest parking lot in my neighborhood to bash. well my friend thought he knew how to turn it off so i said sure since i was at the other end well i was running full throttle when he picked it up and turned off the electronics he was so scared that he dropped it and then it rocketed off down the parking lot i said o my god. I thought for a second hmmmmm !QUOT! if i try to stop it with my foot it weight would be 5 times as much going at the speed it is so i was hope less' but when it was coming i the my shoe in the way causing it to go into wild donuts. so when it was doing that i tried to grab it but i touch the cooling head my friend was fidgeting while trying to get it. finally it it crashed into the a car tire. so walking up to it it looked like it had no apparent damage so when i pulled it out from under the tire i had broken hubs a-arms turnbuckles andnd my whole front shock and steering Assembly fortunately i have a hobby shop literally 20 seconds away from my house. I went and they said they would order the pars for me. so i went home and broke out the gorilla glue and i was fine until the parts came in.

Moral DON'T LET FRIENDS TOUCH CARS.
Old 01-15-2006, 03:40 PM
RC-MAN-4EVA

lol... yea it does look like it... o well.. gonna try to find some spares
Old 01-15-2006, 04:35 PM
Saboteur10573

I'd never drive below 30 degrees. That's just too cold and not good for nitros. They won't be running at best performance in the spring or summer thats for sure. Parts tend to break more in those temps. Anyway the only real crash story was letting a friend drive my R40 who wasn't into onroad cars. He thought the car stopped by itself and let it roll. The car went str8 into a car tired and broke an arm and belt shock tower. It didn't cost a lot for repaires though so I wasn't mad.
Old 01-20-2006, 06:54 PM
RC-MAN-4EVA

lol
Old 01-20-2006, 07:18 PM
Thesuperchang

My last big crash was about 2 weeks ago. A few kids on there bikes stopped and asked to see how fast it goes, so I slowly drove it up the street. once I reached the end I turned it around. I started to excelerate, I was near top speed and halfway down the street when suddenly it happened. The right and side of the car jump 45 degrees so half a second, then when it hit the ground the two right hand tyres shot off the rims so the car to a hard right into the gutter flipping it upside down.

Well the engine went off after 5 seconds upside down. When I reached it I went back to my drive way, sat down and inspected the damage. Both the right and left arms were knocked inwards on a very sharp angle, probably impossible to drive. The to rims were mangled, but no big deal, they're only $5 plastic ones.

Surprisingly the bikeys didn't laught, they were more amazed at how fast it went rather then how stupid I was trying to show it off. So I guess the moral of the story is don't show off unless your sure your tyres are the right temp.
Old 01-20-2006, 07:38 PM
popparipper

crashed today kicking it ripping down the road go to turn around right into the curb lol only broke the battery case i was upgrading to a regarable 6 volt pack anyways but still i crashed
Old 01-20-2006, 08:48 PM
PPiZzLe14
My Feedback: (-1)

ahaha....i think my story may be the funniest but the least expensive.......im 14 and teens have imaginations...ahah well i wanted to drift in my N4TEC so i electric taped my tires so its slippery but still has SOME control...i drove it around at slow speeds cause it goes crazy...after like 5 min i got pretty good at drifting so i tried goin faster.....i went maybe around 40 mph then turned at 90 degress adn lost control,and slid about 30 feet goin right into a curb but i turned more and pulled full throttle and did get out of it a lil but cracked a rim....lol
Old 01-21-2006, 12:10 AM
jeepson33s

well i am 25 and i had no one around me when this happened. i had an ofna buggy and i was running it in a parking lot and was trying to get it really close to a handicaped sign just for my own enjoyment and i did fine for a couple of passes. well on the third pass i got a little close to the sign and clipped the wheel. it exploded the right side of the car, my wheel went flying one way and my car went the other. i stood in amazment because my car was still running and just going in a three wheel circle (pretty funny when i didnt know how much my mistake would cost) i went over to the car and the entire right hub had broken off (really crazy because the hub was metal) and the wheel was laying accros the parking lot. well i picked up the car and the sigh had mashed the entire right side of the buggy including the exhaust. this incdent ended up costing me about 150 dollars and i hope that it brought a smile to your faces because it still makes me laugh. btw i am not a judge but if your going to post please make sure that it makes sense because i will read some of the posts on here and i cannot follow them because they dont make sense. have a great day and good luck in the parking lots!
Old 01-21-2006, 09:34 PM
RC-MAN-4EVA

lol..... i knew parking lot signs are evil o well..... got my new car today.... hope i don't wreak it like my old cars..... i took my car out today again.... for some weird reason my rear wheels are loose but i used thread lock... so i was racing for like 30 minutes then when i went full speed... my Rs4 3 Evo's left rear wheel exploded off... and it started rolling away like those cartoon movies.... i then tried to stop my car but it was scraping against the parking lot ground and sparks were everywhere... i think the problem was that my wheels are to big or something... anyways......

Crash Report:

scratched chassis... (doesn't matter... going to get a new one anyways)
my wheel nut..... (I can't find it....)
Old 01-21-2006, 10:27 PM
Rs43EVOman

My craziezt crash looked just like some of those NASCAR crashes you see on TV. I was drving my RS4 3 EVO at the local college parking lot, and i couldnt even tell you what the hell happend i think i accidentally hit a rock or somthing and this thing went flying. The car jumped probbly around 3.5 feet in the air (this car is 1/10th think about how high that is in full scale) well i was doing the flipping cartwheel, (i probably accidentally helped it because for most of the time it was in the air i stil had my finger on full throttle, then it came back down bounced a little off of the front bumber, did about 1 more flip the finally landed one its lid. the craziest thing was all the damage i suffered was 1 lost dog-bone, one bent dog-bone, the airfilter flew off, and the wing on the body got ripped off of the body. I was real happy i hought i would have alot more money in repairs... wel i gues lady luck was on my side that day