Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC On Road Nitro Cars
Reload this Page >

Sprint 2 on 3s vs 4tec 3.3/nitro and electrics

Community
Search
Notices
RC On Road Nitro Cars Discuss all aspects of on-road nitro rc cars here

Sprint 2 on 3s vs 4tec 3.3/nitro and electrics

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2011, 09:18 AM
silvermansteve
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sprint 2 on 3s vs 4tec 3.3/nitro and electrics

i have among others4-tec 3.3, a jato, an rs4, and a sprint 2 fluxwith anew5700kv sidewdinder 2 setup. i just triedthe sprint 2with 3s, and in 2 minutes or less went straight into a garbage can, driving down my subdivision street. i think the 4-tec is RELAXING to drive in comparison. i have gotten to the point where i can drive my nitros down the street fast without crashing, generally speaking. equally fast (i guess) electric, not really. i think it is easier to drive a fast nitro than a fast electric rc. i was wondering if any of you with experience driving both agree.

the fact is, i find that ihave less trouble overall with nitro than electric, both in terms of crashes, and destroying equipment (like esc's). i have never destroyed a nitro motorbut i have smoked a fewesc's in my time. i also do not think it is that hard to tune a nitro motor. i just don't see high power electric as easier overall than nitro. in my experience, high power electrics are harder to drive fast and harderto keep running. if i'm an incompetent hobbyist, i can tell you that, incompetent though i may be, i can run nitros all day long,yet have had much heartache with electrics. maybe i'mthe exception,but this has been my experience.

is electric really plug and play for you all? really?
Old 04-15-2011, 04:09 PM
Fuel Crazy
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Sprint 2 on 3s vs 4tec 3.3/nitro and electrics

i think it just comes down to the operators experience, and what the equipment is. If you have a programmable esc, and can control how the power is ramped in.. you can likely be able to drive a 80+mph electric car similar to driving one at 50mph.

Problem with alot of the high power electrics is just how hard it hits the tires with the power when you get into the throttle. Not alot of nitro's suffer from this. Some just never get the knack for tuning a 2 stroke.

I wouldnt say one is easier then the other. They both have their upside and downside's. I prefer gas & nitro myself... until electric prices go waaay down.
Old 04-18-2011, 10:31 PM
bigcam406

the difference between the 2 is the torque and the torque curve.brushless motors deliver huge amounts of torque through the range as where the nitro's tend to be alot softer on the torque curve.i luv nitros for the reason being they are easier to hook up on the street,where as alot of brushless stuff ive seen are completely overpowering the vehicle and can make it a handful to drive.its not how much power you have,its how you get it to the pavement that counts.
Old 04-18-2011, 10:47 PM
silvermansteve
My Feedback: (2)

bigcam, that sounds like my sprint which, in fairness, i can drive on 2s....
Old 04-19-2011, 01:32 AM
bigcam406

theres a bunch of us (at least 30 usually) that meet on friday nights at a local parking lot for some all night racing,basically its a large oval,approx 1/8 mile total.what i have seen night in and night out is once off the corners,initially,the nitro cars seem to have the advantage,but about halfway down the straights,thats when the brushless cars catch up with their top end,but then,theres another corner,and the pattern repeats itself.i cant count how many times ive seen some of the brushless cars coming off a corner and the owner gets a little aggressive with the throttle and the car either loses traction or spins out from too much power to the ground.definatly fun to watch. this is just an example of what ive seen between the 2.