RC On Road Nitro Cars Discuss all aspects of on-road nitro rc cars here

advise before placing order

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2006, 10:33 AM
irenaslavo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default advise before placing order

Gentleman,

Short technical track, lot of tight curves , relatively narrow line, racers are not professionals , my level is novice in 1/10… thinking to purchase for DuraTrax Street Force GP2 as first choice , Associated Nitro TC3 RTR Plus as second choice Traxxas Nitro 4-Tec RTR w/Radio as third choice, CEN CT4R, CEN CT4S.

I'm don'r race on professional level, I need car with good handeling and easy to drive specially in corners …. I select DuraTrax because of competitive price , Associated Nortp TC3 RTR plus because I believe it is better car, Traxxas Nito 4-tec RTR because although I got informed it is very good car, I informed that lot of persons faced problem since engine got hot very fast , I select the CEN because although I read it is extremely fast car the acceleration is not good and need long way to achieve maximum speed but I like too much the body of mini copper because I have the same one 1:1 scale.

Please I need advise before ordering and also advise which tuned needed and best tires for asphalt.

Thanks in advance for anyone who can advise me

NB. I DID WANT TO BUY HPI what ever it is good or bad car

Old 02-11-2006, 12:13 PM
clloyd

Default RE: advise before placing order

WELL the 4-tech is pretty fast and with a few upgrades it handles good i've only seen videos of the duratrax nobody around here runs them tc3 is a good choice i've been hereing that the cens break easy but are fast as hell my choice is the 4-tech but i have once does 60+mph rtr was minor upgrades like sway bars which are $4.50 makes a big diff. mine handles really good now hpi makes some good cars but past experiance with hpi is there a pain in the ass but that might not be true with all there models hope this helps a little
Old 02-11-2006, 11:40 PM
irenaslavo

Thanks for your advise , please tell me about using your car in small track , it is handling good and if I should replace the original tires to another , I got informed that most of RTR cars delivered with tires not suitable for asphalt and should be changed.

Also about CEN do you have idea about acceleration , I race in relatively small track and acceleration and handling are the most important issue … I heard that CEN can achieve high speed but in which time …. I don't know.

Also about 4 tech please advise which parts I should also order as upgrade and spare parts since I'm Canadian but I'm leaving in Paris accordingly I would like to keep some spare parts and order the upgrade parts from tower hobbies at once

Thanks again for your advsie
Old 02-12-2006, 01:35 PM
irenaslavo

That all , No other advises, I believe I should change my orientation and sign up as a man to get advises …anyway thanks
Old 02-12-2006, 03:10 PM
osofast

i got a ntc3 for x-mas and love it. You cant go wrong with it at all