Notices
RC On Road Nitro Cars Discuss all aspects of on-road nitro rc cars here

HPI RS4 18ss and JR XR3i radio

Old 02-16-2006, 10:00 PM
4BangR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HPI RS4 18ss and JR XR3i radio

Im purshasing the 18ss kit tomorrow at my local hobby shop along with a JR xr3i radio. I wanted to know if this is a good combo for outlaw class racing. Is there a similar radio for less or is the JR a good quality fm? Things i definitly need are multi model memory, but im not sure if i need the fm for racing or if you can even get multiple model memory in lower end am radios. I thought for $140 it seemed like a great deal for all the features.

Also this is my first nitro car and ive done tons of research, but still cant seem to figure out if I have a complete checklist for all the parts im going to need so heres what i have so far:

-Car
-Radio
-Glow plug(s) Can someone recommend one for this motor?
-Glow starter
-Fuel bottle
-batteries Do i just get regular batteries...I hear people talking about hump backs and flat backs what are these?
-Fuel I believe 20%? If im wrong let me know, Also I hear people say break in fuel is good and I hear it doesnt matter...can someone elaborate?

I think thats it. Any help will be greatly appreciated, sorry if this topic is beat to death, I cant seem to find the answers im looking for from searching.
Old 02-17-2006, 11:01 AM
boltech

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: HPI RS4 18ss and JR XR3i radio

I too plan on purchasing an 18SS kit in the next month and I currently own two XR3i radios and I can say it's a great radio. a bit user unfriendly at first but once you get to know it setting it up for a model is a breeze. it should be a great combo... others would say there are better radios out there IMO if you wanna spend $200+ for a radio go for it. I picked both of mines off ebay brand new with R135 recievers and servos for $70 and $85 including shipping