Search
Notices
RC On Road Nitro Cars Discuss all aspects of on-road nitro rc cars here

Bash-proofing my new on-roader..

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2006, 11:25 AM
HerrSavage

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Bash-proofing my new on-roader..

Hi, (for those of you who haven't already read my other posts elsewhere..), I just ordered a Kyosho FW-05T. Should be here 2moro - want to take it out this weekend. I've had a Savage for about five months, so I'm not a total RC newb - but pretty close.. I live in Germany, and was persuaded by several people I spoke to (more competitive racers than bashers..) that the Kyosho was significantly better than an HPI RS4 Evo - the car I originally wanted.

First of all, is this true?

And secondly, based on what you know, is the Kyosho a good basher? I will be driving in parking lots, streets, and on a paved RC public track out at this park near where I live. And if you don't know, or know that it's not (a good basher), are there any special mods to make an on-roader a better basher, or any special parts I should have handy?

Thanks.
Old 02-22-2006, 03:48 PM
Transmission
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Bash-proofing my new on-roader..

two threads no no i will not nnswer until one is delted
Old 02-22-2006, 04:05 PM
HerrSavage

Sorry. This internet cafe is dark and the table is too high - hit some kind of weird button and then wasn't sure if it posted. I can't delete it the second myself, can I? Come on though, you can still answer...
Old 02-22-2006, 06:17 PM
Josh222

The kyosho car you got is more of a racing car, i the terms of racing it is better than the hpi but in a parking lot the hpi is very good. Just have a few spare parts and extra glow plugs and such. extra batteries are good to have also. Get a fuel filter(if you don't have on already) and some good rubber tires
Old 02-23-2006, 03:07 AM
HerrSavage

I kind of thought it would be more of a racer, but for 2/3 the price... So how can I toughen it up to be a better basher?
Old 02-23-2006, 09:23 AM
Philster

I don't think you can 'toughen it up" all that much.

I've lost track of the various Kyosho cars (I have a 1/8 Inferno GT), and which ones are belt vs. shaft drive. To toughen up a touring car, about the only thing you can do is protect the drive belt with some lexan if it is exposed on the bottom or other vulnerable area (if you even have belt drive).

Other than that, just keep some spare suspension arms and such lying around for the occassional cheap repair.
Old 02-23-2006, 10:13 AM
HerrSavage

This is the FW-05T. Shaft-driven.. What about tires? What are good bashing tires? And while we're at it, how about a beefier motor?................. Supposedly this thing'll do 70kph(42mph) stock. I'd like to get up to HPI RS4 SS speed - AND toughness...

My black Lambo body is gonna be AWESOME. Can't wait..
Old 02-25-2006, 06:44 PM
SqueedilySpooch

definatly get dished wheels...strongest type of wheel made. Get alum shocks if u havent alrdy. I cant really tell u what else to get as it will hinder performance vs strength for bashing...oh and alum hexes for ur wheels...those and just drive better