Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC On Road Nitro Cars
Reload this Page >

Team Associated Nitro TC3 / TC3+ Complete Discussion

Notices
RC On Road Nitro Cars Discuss all aspects of on-road nitro rc cars here

Team Associated Nitro TC3 / TC3+ Complete Discussion

Old 03-27-2006, 11:49 AM
KaZaaV2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Team Associated Nitro TC3 / TC3+ Complete Discussion

Sup? I started this thread specifically for those owning or just simply intrested in the Nitro TC3 / TC3+, for sharing info, asking questions or just plain out giving your comments about the car. I own one of these cars and I think they are totally awesome once you get one or two very minor things done to your car, in other instances, for bigger performance jumps, the availability of the parts needed to do this are unmatched. The instrustions for everything are very easy to follow and understand. The are just a few of my opinions though, what do you guys think???
Old 03-27-2006, 01:00 PM
montrealer

Default RE: Team Associated Nitro TC3 / TC3+ Complete Discussion

uhh,

Dude, there's like 3 other official NTC3 threads started. Don't get me wrong, I love to read and learn about my car but I think we are spreading the subject a bit thin by splitting these threads.

my two cents
Old 03-27-2006, 05:00 PM
KaZaaV2

Someone brought that to my attention but I only know of one that people log in to regularly and actually do post stuff and the title of it was a bit off from what most people would search for hence the more extended name. Also in the others I've seen, they kinda tend to stray off topic a bit. Our four cents.
Old 03-27-2006, 05:52 PM
iacolb12

I've got to agree with Montrealer. There already is [link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_1849465/tm.htm]NITRO TC-3 PLUS!!! [/link] and [link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_3116733/tm.htm]Offical nitro tc3 thread [/link]. Everything you need to know has been covered 8 times over.
Old 03-27-2006, 06:17 PM
Igotntc3andrevo

I agree with jacolb12 and montrealer. I started one of the threads on the nitro tc3 and did so because there wasn't one for around 4 pages of threads. Why start one combining the two cars when there is one dedicated to both. And all the threads directed towards one car are called "the offical". Just my two cents but you definitly got the right car and the good intentions so help us out in our threads.
J.G.
Old 03-27-2006, 06:43 PM
montrealer

Absolutely right.

My response was not to demolish your intention buddy. I apologize if it was perceived that way.

Thanks
Old 03-27-2006, 10:25 PM
KaZaaV2

LOL , no offence taken guys, its seems like all our cents here add up to about a dollar+. Oh well, I guess What happen next just happens then. Our money for ice cream cones.
Old 03-28-2006, 06:48 AM
xmwin

"Our Money For Ice Cream" LOL. Well I just got my spanking new TC3+ yesterday for my cousins just cause they haven't seen me in a while (I love my cousins) but its not nearly as fast as the HPI car they have there. Then they broke in the engine for me and I was like ok so now I'm gonna be that fast but I'm still not there . What am I doing wrong???!!! I'm very much new to this R/C business, but I used to run Radio Shack cars (like who never had one right?) so take it easy on me if I come accross as totally dumb. If you can reply to me like really really soon that'll be great!!! So I can tear their socks off and they wouldn't know what happened to them[8D]. Oh, keep in mind that I only have like a hundred dollars to spare right now, how much do you think I can get out of that. Oh!!! One last thing, the car seems kinda "swirvie" and unstable, any tips?.
Old 03-28-2006, 10:41 AM
KaZaaV2

Hmm... Well... Rechargable batteries for the control and car are a nice start. Pure performance though? Stock tires got to go. On the streets I run rubber on the back and foams on the front. The track I race at, rough asphalt, I use foams, higher shore in the front. Popping the restrictor out the carb is a big help too, trust me. Only do this though after you've really gotten a feel for the car and have new tires. Also remember to richen your settings a bit. I doubt you'd have spent $50 so far so the rest is kinda up to you. Personally, I just gout the things I told you before plus a LRP Z.12R engine that ran me about US$300, a rear exhaust tuned pipe $49, header $30 (I think), engine cooling rear engine mounts $20 and a none pullstart flywheel $10 (I think). I haven't put them all in yet, but I'll give my current setup about 2 more weeks to a month. I'd advise to only put in all that extra money if you intend on going for an all out racing car. Other than that, use your surplus for fuel and tires and batteries, you know, those other little things... maybe a few new replacement parts if you break anything[sm=pirate.gif]............. HAVE FUN!!![sm=RAINFRO.gif]
Old 03-28-2006, 01:53 PM
jandb917

the first and foremost thing i would recommend is a GOOD FAILSAFE !!!!!!!! there is nothing worse than haveing a throttle servo quit while you are wide open and then sit there and watch your car go head first into a curb or wall or something really hard! And belive me there is nothing worse than having to watch that and know there is nothing you can do to stop it !!!!! the next things i would do until you learn the car is fuel and rechargable packs!!!!! then from there things like glow plugs A-Arms (casue you are going to brerak one at some point in time !!! haha everyone has at least once !!! ) and TIRES you dont have to go for the most expensive tire out there just to find out what works best for where you are running and stick to that ,,,,,,, but until you learn your car i would keep it for the most part stock ..... Speed comes with time, pratice, and patients

Have fun
Old 03-29-2006, 02:09 PM
xmwin

[X(]WOAH!!! Not even my cousin knew about the restrictor thing, I asked him about it and he was like, "Let me show you where it would be if your car had one." and low and behold, he realised that I indeed had one in there. So he used something to pop it out and we tuned and riched the settings a bit and now I stand a fair chance....sorta. LOL, I just got some tires today (HPI foams) that the guy at my LHS said would be great for the road we run on. I asked about a fail safe but my cousin said I didn't need one in cause if I lost power, the spring on the carb would pull to close the throttle and I would be ok. The guy at my LHS said though that the spring puts stress on the things that pushes to open up the carb so for racing I should leave it off to go a little faster. He also said that once i kept on top of my batteries and use judgement based on the LED for the control I would know when to change batteries and never have to worry about it. What do I do? Also, what kind of fuel do you guys use?
Old 03-29-2006, 03:23 PM
2916jr

hey xmwin I have the nitro tc3 plus and the only hop ups I did is team orion nitro shoes(foam tires), o.s. 18 cv-r bump-start motor(direct drop in on tc3), and a dodge stratus body.

PS. be sure to get spare tires the o.s. 18 cv-r, will eat the rubber stock tires alive[sm=lol.gif](if you don't change the stock tires to foam ones)
Old 03-29-2006, 03:40 PM
KaZaaV2

Well, the guy from my LHS popped my restrictor for me and he also took out the spring claiming the same thing. I personally have not invested in a fail safe as yet and I have heard many opinions about the spring being in. The best way to go you say? Factory is always the safest way so leave that spring in. I can afford to leave min out for two reasons. 1) The places I run right now are close range and I am totally sure my car is not gonna go out of range where I am and I use the same type of batteries in my control. When the light on it goes red I change all of the batteries including those in the car too. 2) I have another engine just there sitting down at home waiting to be installed. I'm using the stock one to kinda "break in" the car and give me more of a feel for it which you should do too (get a good feel for the car) so in the horrid event that my first one goes, I'd have a good reason to swap in my racing engine.
I say better safe than sorry, leave the spring. As far as fuel goes, I started with O'Donnell's 30% and I'm still using it. A perfect site for a newbie to R/C would be "nitrorc.com". This site was my bible when I started out and it goes in depth about almost everything. Hope what I said helped you out some bit.[&:]

{thanx for the correction xmwin}
Old 03-29-2006, 03:43 PM
2916jr

one more thing is to check to make sure your brake are dialed in and working too.
Old 03-30-2006, 11:41 PM
xmwin

Hey kazaa, I think you meant "nitrorc.com" LOL. I got the site and I must admit, it really is good. I'm really keeping up with my cousin now but when did you guys start messing with carb settings?
Old 03-31-2006, 03:36 PM
KaZaaV2

I started after I got my second gear shifting in correctly. Whats you can do is if thats happening for you, follow the carb tuning tips from www.nitrorc.com and you should be good. I tune based on whats on that site. A little off topic, I got a Futaba 3PM-FS radio and receiver set yesterday and installed it. MAN DOES THIS THING HAVE FEATURES!!!!!!! The ABS braking is what really has me though. It's amazing. The control also feels a million times better in your hand than the stock control. I broke a front lower arm today[], my first broken part, my LHS had the part though so I installed it and I was at it again right away. We have a big street race meet tomorrow so I have to be up and running[8D]. My TC3 is really starting to turn heads here and I just can't wait until my new parts come in. Catch you guys later.