RC On Road Nitro Cars Discuss all aspects of on-road nitro rc cars here

Team Magic G4S

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2008, 05:28 PM
TRINI-LUCIAN

Location: St.AugustineTrinidad and Tobago, TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Team Magic G4S

i know stock motors are generally lacking, but i would like to know if anyone here has specs on the engine in terms of hp, rpm and possible top speed with stock gearing.....

The G4s rtr i think has set the standard for on road nitro rtr's, if the onroad sport is to surge ahead of the dirt dudes and bashers... Think of it...an ifmar approved rtr with kit quality parts within a package! This factored in with economies of scale could present a higher quality experience to new folks while keeping it within reasonable cost!

what yall think?
Old 04-12-2008, 06:21 PM
ferrarimk13

i agree, but i dont think nitro onroad will ever get to where nitro offroad, and electric on road are. Thats why the G4 RTR doesnt sell well, because people either want a strong basher, like the rs4, or an all out racer, with those valuable upgrades like graphite, and titanium
Old 04-14-2008, 10:26 AM
wolfhobbies

We are happy to announce that we are forming the Wolf Hobbies / Team Magic Race Team. Our sponsor program will be providing, discounts, perks and compensation on par with any other manufacturer with teams in the USA. In addition, we are offering other compensation opportunities that the other manufactures do not offer. Our goal is to have solid representation at all of the ROAR National and Regional events. We are looking for friendly, motivated and talented individuals with an overwhelming competitive spirit to showcase our cars and be Ambassadors at large for Wolf Hobbies and Team Magic.

We are looking for electric and nitro drivers. If you are interested and feel you have the qualifications to be a sponsored driver, please send us the following;

1 Current resume with race results (even if you sent us one already).
2 A short note on why we need you on our team and what you will contribute.
3 A list of ROAR and local events you will be participating in.
4 A photo of your car with and without body (even if it is not a TM car)
5 A photo of yourself. (This has NO bearing on the decision process. But it will
be posted on the web site if you are selected and choose to join us).
6 Name and contact info for your home track.

The compensation package is confidential and will only be shared with those that are invited to join. Please send your application to [email protected]

Thank you

Wolf

www.wolfhobbies.com
Old 04-14-2008, 11:58 AM
Cypriot Boy

yeah wolfhobbies could you sponsor me for the remaning season in cyprus? i have some good results from last year and this year i am looking on being first and have had some good results this year also, but with no sponsorship i am held back....

edit- sorry for that f13 but there is a problem with rc universe, i posted but... so anyway i think i paid around $500 including engine exaust set and air filter.
Old 04-14-2008, 12:40 PM
wolfhobbies

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in becoming a Team Driver. We are restricting our Team Driver program to the USA and Canada. If you move here get in touch with us again.

Good luck to you with your racing!

wolfhobbies.com
Old 04-14-2008, 07:41 PM
charlieboy

ORIGINAL: TRINI-LUCIAN

i know stock motors are generally lacking, but i would like to know if anyone here has specs on the engine in terms of hp, rpm and possible top speed with stock gearing.....

The G4s rtr i think has set the standard for on road nitro rtr''s, if the onroad sport is to surge ahead of the dirt dudes and bashers... Think of it...an ifmar approved rtr with kit quality parts within a package! This factored in with economies of scale could present a higher quality experience to new folks while keeping it within reasonable cost!

what yall think?
The stock motor may seem weak (non-turbo .12), but in my opinion it lacks nothing besides a good pipe. I ran my G4S over the weekend and kicked the pants off a few evolvas (yeah 1/8 scale big boys) and V-0ne RRRs. The car''s handling is insane, i''m the same speed as the evolvas (picco .21) on the straight aways, faster going into the corners, my disavantage is exiting corners with the evolvas (their extra wide rear-end clearly). Wow, i can''t believe a little 1/10 car could be this good!!
Old 04-15-2008, 10:27 AM
ferrarimk13

hold your horses bud, theres no way the G4S RTR can beat an 1/8 racer, or a top of the line 1/10. it might be fast, but not faster.
Old 04-15-2008, 10:44 AM
charlieboy

I''m telling you dude its that good..........
Old 04-15-2008, 12:39 PM
Cypriot Boy

well the guys there might not be that good!! in my track i can beat the 1/8 intermidiate group with my 1/10 team magic
Old 04-15-2008, 01:07 PM
wolfhobbies

We could sure use you in the US!
Old 04-15-2008, 02:23 PM
Cypriot Boy

too bad i am in cyprus!!
Old 04-16-2008, 06:54 PM
TRINI-LUCIAN

hmm wha chall think of this price [link=http://www.rcmart.com/catalog/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=117&products_id=16595&pname=%20Team%20Magic%20(#502073)%201/10%20Le%20Mans%20G4%20Lola,200mm%20RTR%20Gas%20car]team magic g4s rtr[/link] and this
Old 04-16-2008, 07:02 PM
TRINI-LUCIAN

[link=http://www.rcmart.com/catalog/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=117&products_id=16595&pname=%20Team%20Magic%20(#502073)%201/10%20Le%20Mans%20G4%20Lola,200mm%20RTR%20Gas%20car]g4 rtr[/link]
Old 04-18-2008, 10:37 AM
charlieboy

Thats a great price whats the cost with shipping?? i think you may need to change the body to a sedan body if and when you buy it. The lola bodies are not allowed
for most 1/10 racing ie if you plan to race!
Old 04-18-2008, 07:00 PM
TRINI-LUCIAN

there is a special on... $15 shipped to us $5 if by regular mail... i am still deciding.. i budgeted for later this year or early next to buy me a kit and i am caught between the team magic G4RS and the Xray NT1... for the sake of attention to detail and parts technology. I plan on getting a futaba 3PM fasst 2.4 radio gear and futaba digital metal gear servos which i can use in the mean time... on my fw05T plus... which is caught up with shipment [sm=48_48.gif]also some tools etc...
oh not to forget the chargers, set up board set up blocks...
THis is gonna be real expensive lol
Old 04-19-2008, 08:51 AM
Cypriot Boy

well in this case go with the G4RS, i like it due to the fact that its is well thought and the part are excellent, they dont break easily. you wont regret it!![)]
Old 04-19-2008, 01:17 PM
wolfhobbies

Hi,

Just wanted to let you know that parts are readily available from www.wolfhobbies.com. The G4 RTR is a great kit and it appears you have found a good sale.

Have fun!
Old 04-19-2008, 02:42 PM
ferrarimk13

honestly, everyone knows im a huge TM fan, but i have to say the NT1 is the best out there at this moment, and you cant go wrong with it. The Hudys know their stuff
Old 04-20-2008, 12:03 PM
Cypriot Boy

well was too knowing that the NT1 had the edge but i am starting to question there performance, since they were not that fast in my track, and very good drivers were racing them. well anyway a great driver is changing his from TM to Xray, and i will able to see the difference.
Old 04-20-2008, 08:06 PM
TRINI-LUCIAN

hey ferrari youre brave sayin such...but honestly this weekend at my club a guy with an NT1 lapped...even second place...some guys got lapped three times... sorry to say a lola was involved and other team magic kits....the guy has some skill but something is just not right...then i figured it out...having support from the company in the form of website forums...dispensing set up theory and knowledge was the factor...especially when the cars at this level are so evenly matched.
out of the box i have seen the performance of the nt1 but what i want is to see, maybe drive , a well set up TM and then an NT1, then compare...im sure that gap would be quite narrow...
Old 04-20-2008, 11:06 PM
redferndesign

I've got a couple of questions I'm hoping you all can answer for me. I just bought the G4S RTR kit directly from TM.

First of all, it's super nice - but there were some issues when the kit arrived. Firstly, the K Factory pipe shown on the box and on the website, is not on the car. It was replaced with a cheap black pipe. When I asked them about it, I got a response like 3 days later with some song and dance about the new pipe being an "upgrade", believe me that thing is no upgrade.

After some back and forth they said to mail back the black pipe, and they would send back the K Factory pipe. Like I've got 2 weeks to wait for the new pipe. I thought, because it was obviously bad advertising, they should just send me the pipe. But no luck, so I just used the cheap one and stayed mad.

After that I realized the rear belt tensioner is completely missing from the car. Like they forgot to put it on. Same thing with the front center body post, just missing.

Finally, if that's not enough, the brake set-up was WAAAAY off as was the front toe and camber settings. The toe angle was like +5, or some crazy angle.

Have any of you experienced this kind of thing with TM before. I love the car, but geez, I'm kind of scared that this is just a sample of the bad service yet to come.

Old 04-21-2008, 05:18 AM
Cypriot Boy

dont worry!!! you didnt get a kit, that it would be in excellent condition but an RTR. let me tell you that in the RTR there are many things missing, just like that!! i was to thinking in getting the RTR but got the RS. as for the pipe, well... what can i say, they can change and modify any part of the car without telling you, it happens.
also TRINI-LUCIAN the think with lapping everyone happens a lot. i was too going to be laped by the number one NT1 but hanged on for the sake of not being laped!! i could win the NT1 easily, but had an engine problem.....
Old 04-21-2008, 07:03 AM
Osirisf16

Engine problem? Like? I heard that Novarossis are hard to tune. Did you find a spot of what is going on?
Old 04-21-2008, 07:40 AM
Cypriot Boy

the problem was that the low speed needle was too rich and had no power in the low RPMs so every time i tryied to push, the rear end spined out due to lack of power, oh well!!! and as for tuning is not that hard but ok!!
Old 04-21-2008, 07:50 AM
Osirisf16

Ok, i didn't say too hard. Is just matter of experience [)]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.