Notices
RC On Road Nitro Cars Discuss all aspects of on-road nitro rc cars here

Dream rs4-3 18ss

Old 06-16-2006, 08:09 PM
kmwdesign
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dream rs4-3 18ss

Damn, I've been on PBnation for years now ( for all you paintballers) and have yelled at the new kids to use the Search option since day one. So taking my own advice, I tried the one on here, and I kid you not, 50 billion threads for Good RS4-3 18ss set up. Non of which actually had all the info I was looking for. So for you RC Universe Vets out there I'm sorry for making a new thread. I know how it feels.
Ok with that out of the way, here is my dilemma. My Wife has agrees to start a new hobby with me, because traveling to 100's of miles play ball every weekend is a bit hard with a newborn. So rc cars is what we chose.
We chose HPI not because they are the greatest, fastest, nor coolest, but because they have a bunch of parts and we really want to build one from the ground up, just to learn about them completely.
My question is, if you were to build One of the RS-3 18ss cars, what would you upgrade( with what manufacturer), radio, **engine**, ect. Money isn't an issue really, so go balls out if you would. We just want the best so when we do upgrade cars, we can give a really good car to our neighbor. Speed is the key.

Thanks for your time. Long post eh

[email protected]

After its built, and I inevetbly kill it. Ill buy a netter car. I see the Mugen cars are nice.
Old 06-17-2006, 05:34 AM
type-R-mad

Default RE: Dream rs4-3 18ss

well as far as alluminium parts are concerned a would go with GPM parts, a think it would be an OS-18 or sumthin with the engine , and a would get a failsafe , carbon uppderdeck, a tuned pipe, race fuel tank, fuel filter, high torque servos, maybe a better transmitter, try different gearing for top speed or acceleration, and personally a would go with all over GPM alloy parts they really stiffen the car up, good luck
Old 06-17-2006, 07:29 AM
snowbl!nd

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: type-R-mad
and personally a would go with all over GPM alloy parts they really stiffen the car up, good luck
You don't really want to do that unless you've got deep pockets... A crash which would have cost £10 to fix will now end up costing more like £30 -£40. Instead of breaking cheap, easy to replace parts tha aluminium will bend and transmit the energy to other parts which will also bend. You need a weak point somewhere.... If you do want lots of aluminium on your car, at least leave the A-arms plastic.
Old 06-17-2006, 08:29 AM
type-R-mad

i bought my GPM parts from UKRC shop on ebay and the parts are not actually much more expensive than the plastic parts from mirage racing etc
Old 06-17-2006, 06:27 PM
kmwdesign

Again, money isnt that big of a deal. I plan on building this car over the course of a few months. I just want the absolute best. To the degree that, a person would look at it and say, "well damn." That is my intention.

Thanks for the speedy relpy though. Woot.
Old 06-18-2006, 04:59 PM
type-R-mad

http://www.fabianhome.com/rc/rs43.html

theres quite a good modded rs4, and you could go further than that if money wasnt a problem
Old 06-18-2006, 08:11 PM
kmwdesign

That was exactly what I was looking for. But, I, well we, just bought a Mugen kit as well as a ntc3 factory kit. Now that we bought them, its gonna be awhile before we drive them. Friggin all the other parts needed are $$$.

Are all of those upgraded parts compatible with the new Evo version? I might have to buy one now, cause let me tell ya, that's purdy looking.

This is fast becoming just as painfull to the pocket as paintball.