Search
Notices
RC On Road Nitro Cars Discuss all aspects of on-road nitro rc cars here

Pics of my first on-road effort.

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2006, 09:52 AM
Nate_Stockey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Pics of my first on-road effort.

Thanks ProRCRacer88, I was pleased at how it came out.

I agree that getting bottom of the line radio components is not the way to go. I've always believed in the old saying "you get what you pay for" and usually try to buy the best stuff that I can afford. I find the more I spend generally the less headache I have in the end. I had an AM radio a few years ago that was a constant headache due to frequent interference which made the car virtually undriveable. It wasn't a whole lot of fun. Nowadays I use at least a decent FM radio from a well known manufacturer like JR or Futaba and I try to use at least middle of the road servos with bearings and at least 90-100 oz-in of torque. When I start racing, my skills improve, or I buy a bigger and faster car I will step up to the really high dollar top of the line servos.
Old 10-03-2006, 04:32 PM
Nate_Stockey

Hey guys, just thought Id post a quick update and some pics of my new body. Things have been going well. Ive been having a lot of fun driving on the weekends and maintaining the car during the week. As my driving skill have increased so have the speeds Ive been running and Ive started to have a lot of problems with the car actually lifting off the ground during high speed runs. The front end of the car lifts off first, followed by a back flip, and then the car does various combinations of barrel rolls, roof slides, and general chaos (no broken parts yet though). Ive decided that the brick shaped front end of the classic Mustang body ive been running along with the low down force provided by the body can't be helping the situation.

In lieu of these developments I decided to get a Proline Status 3.1 racing body to try to increase the downforce and aerodynamics of the car. Here is what I came up with. Enjoy!

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ay73456.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	60.4 KB
ID:	534698   Click image for larger version

Name:	Av68501.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	62.8 KB
ID:	534699   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ua70736.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	48.7 KB
ID:	534700   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wt59119.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	64.3 KB
ID:	534701   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mh19771.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	62.7 KB
ID:	534702   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ch96235.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	58.5 KB
ID:	534703   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xv64373.jpg
Size:	58.7 KB
ID:	534704   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mh18889.jpg
Size:	60.2 KB
ID:	534705  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Pu51012.jpg
Size:	60.0 KB
ID:	534706   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ki18473.jpg
Size:	56.3 KB
ID:	534707   Click image for larger version

Name:	Dy80080.jpg
Size:	69.0 KB
ID:	534708   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ch95377.jpg
Size:	62.6 KB
ID:	534709  
Old 10-03-2006, 04:48 PM
MiamizFinest

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ur bodies always seem to amaze me ive never done a body like that in my life.........anyways that body will help out alot and not bring so much chaos on thing u might wanan try is buy a few fishing weights and srap them to the front of the car the VERY VERY FRONT the more front the weight..... the less u need test out the body first if that doesnt help then u already have a second salution!!!! let me ask u did u ever riase the gearing or are you still running the stock gearing?
Old 10-03-2006, 05:09 PM
Nate_Stockey

Thanks MiamizFinest, I was happy with the way it came out. Im getting better with practice anyways! Im thinking about trying to airbrush the next one instead of just using spray cans.

Im hoping the body does the trick but if not ill give the fishing weights a try, anything is better than watching the car cartwheel down the road.

Im actually still running the stock gearing. Im running in a pretty big parking lot but the car eats it up in no time at all. Its definetely fast enough for where im running with the stock gearing. If I ever find a bigger place to run maybe ill try upping the gearing. With this motor I could definetely raise the gearing and still get good acceleration.
Old 10-03-2006, 06:03 PM
MiamizFinest

o hell yea i would raise the clutch bell at least 3 or 4 teeth on each gear maybe 3 just to be safe and if all is well then for 4
Old 10-03-2006, 08:36 PM
felipe 1

it's a nice car man !! congratulations and enjoy it !!!!
Old 10-04-2006, 04:40 PM
Nate_Stockey

Thanks! I certainly have been enjoying it.
Old 10-04-2006, 06:38 PM
ProRCRacer88

Nate you do some great jobs on your bodies.[sm=thumbup.gif] It seems you are learning how to control all that power very fast[sm=shades_smile.gif]
Old 10-05-2006, 02:02 PM
Nate_Stockey

Thanks ProRCRacer88, I have found that I actually enjoy painting bodies, gives me something to do at night. Its definetely been a learning process but I cant imagine its too difficult to learn in a big open parking lot. I really want to find somewhere to race. Im thinking of taking a trip up to Canada pretty soon as I have heard there is a really big on-road track in Ontario not too far from me. Ill let you know how my skills translate to the track!

Old 10-05-2006, 02:13 PM
ProRCRacer88

I found that track racing is very easy to learn, IMO. When i took my first race car(950R) I did very well on the track and it was also the first time I ever been on a track. Maybe its because im a fast learner or something, but just in case, its not a bad idea to get a few spares that will most likely break in a crash. For instance, suspension parts, bumbers, they are usually the first things that breaks when racing on the track.
Old 10-05-2006, 03:11 PM
crazy nick
My Feedback: (29)

If your going to race look for the carbon fiber side brace from K-factory. It will save your fuel tank from side impact. I couldn't tell you how many tanks were sold at the lhs this race sason on tc3. Here are some pics of one.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Mk25820.jpg
Size:	101.9 KB
ID:	535772   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sn42295.jpg
Size:	100.5 KB
ID:	535773  
Old 10-05-2006, 03:13 PM
crazy nick
My Feedback: (29)

By the way Nate , nice job on the car and body. Not bad at all for your first onroad. Great selection of equiptment!