Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC On Road Nitro Cars
Reload this Page >

RS4 Picco Engine help....please!!!

Community
Search
Notices
RC On Road Nitro Cars Discuss all aspects of on-road nitro rc cars here

RS4 Picco Engine help....please!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2006, 12:55 PM
supermoto552

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RS4 Picco Engine help....please!!!

Finally got my Picco Xp 12 the other day but its proper stressing me out now....please can anyone help me get this into my RS4 Evo??

Firstly it has an sg crank, no real problem as i've got an ok flywheel nut for it, but the shaft on it is only about 300mm long...now this is way to short, about 10-12mm out to fit my standard clutch and flywheel on to it...so i'm worried this engine may be uselsess?

Has anyone else got this engine, what flywheel clutch combo are you using? is this a standard length for an sg crank, and will the centax clutch fit any different?

Josh Would you be able to shed any light on the subject too, as you have a centax...

If people could have a look at the pics and throw any ideas up for me that would be great, as i'm pulling my hair out over it.....would a stainless bush/spacer machined to size to make the distance up be acceptable or would it be unsafe as its spinning so fast??

Are there different cranks available for it to buy from picco?

Any help greatly appreciated...cheers guys.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ec87439.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	45.4 KB
ID:	531838   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xs57990.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	29.5 KB
ID:	531839   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xc78056.jpg
Size:	33.3 KB
ID:	531840   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bu58068.jpg
Size:	52.0 KB
ID:	531841  
Old 09-28-2006, 02:01 PM
swerv512

Default RE: RS4 Picco Engine help....please!!!

from what i see it looks as if you need a different flywheel. all the flywheels i own are straight in the rear (closest to the crankcase) while the purple flywheel you have has that piece that sticks out. i bet a flywheel without that piece sticking out would give you the clearance you need. and no, the centax clutch that i own fits on all my sg crankshafts- i dont think that engine manufacturers vary crankshaft length from engine to engine. they should all be about the same and will likewise accept normal or centax clutched without any problems. hope this helps.

Old 09-28-2006, 02:07 PM
supermoto552

Default RE: RS4 Picco Engine help....please!!!

ORIGINAL: swerv512

from what i see it looks as if you need a different flywheel. all the flywheels i own are straight in the rear (closest to the crankcase) while the purple flywheel you have has that piece that sticks out. i bet a flywheel without that piece sticking out would give you the clearance you need. and no, the centax clutch that i own fits on all my sg crankshafts- i dont think that engine manufacturers vary crankshaft length from engine to engine. they should all be about the same and will likewise accept normal or centax clutched without any problems. hope this helps.

Ahhhh...not seen any close up pics of how other peoples clutch/flywheels fit....that looks like it should fit fine, its only about another 10mm i need, and like you say...that ridge at the back on mine is whats keeping it away...cheers swerv, actually got a little hope in it now, was about to throw it at the wall in anger....i'll get looking for a new flywheel now to fit.

Cheers for time mate.