Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC On Road Nitro Cars
Reload this Page >

Kyosho FW-05T or Hot Bodies Tornado?

Community
Search
Notices
RC On Road Nitro Cars Discuss all aspects of on-road nitro rc cars here

Kyosho FW-05T or Hot Bodies Tornado?

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2006, 09:30 AM
GTiCup

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kyosho FW-05T or Hot Bodies Tornado?

Hi,

I'm new to RC Universe and to be honest, I don't know much about R/C nitro cars. I'm thinking of buying an on road car. I'm between the Kyosho FW-05T and the Hot Bodies Tornado. Which one would you recommend considering quality, top speed, spare parts, engine performance, price or anything else? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Old 08-10-2006, 11:06 AM
D-Nicest

Default RE: Kyosho FW-05T or Hot Bodies Tornado?

Kyosho all the way, im not even sure if the make the tornado anymore, it was made when hot bodies had a bad rep. And I'm pretty sure you won't be able to finds parts for it. Get the FW-05T.
Old 08-10-2006, 11:27 AM
RcRicer

I have an Fw-05. They are very good. My car has 2speed v-one shocks and some more stuff. I say get it. The only downside to kyosho is that they are a direct consumer dealer. Which means most replacement parts will have to be ordered directily from kyosho. I suggest using express mail also. Becuase anythin you order will usually take 3-5 bisnuess days to arrive.(not including weekends.) Otherwise than that they are very good cars.
Old 08-10-2006, 12:55 PM
GTiCup

To be honest, at the beginning I was thinking more about the FW-05T, but then, I found out about the Tornado.I didn't even know that Hot Bodies isn't making it anymore. Anyway, thanks for your help.
Old 08-17-2006, 05:40 AM
Andrew86

Not sure if you've purchased yet or not but i'll give you my 2 cents worth anyway. I've had an FW05T for a year a a half now and it was my first nitro RC. It hasn't put a foot wrong and it has some serious speed. Definitely one of the best RTR kits available, it's cheaper and quicker than the HPI RS43's from experience and it's easy to control, all wheel drive means some serious drift action if you want to, and the 2 speed box is great.

Give it a little love, keep it clean etc and it'll love you back i guarentee it