Notices
RC On Road Nitro Cars Discuss all aspects of on-road nitro rc cars here

Best for the Money

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2006, 11:31 PM
REDisFASTER

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best for the Money

Hey guys, I just came from electric offroad and am wanting to go into nitro on-road. There's a place near me with some good deals on the NTC3 RTR Plus and the FT NTC3.

Which one would be best for my money?

I would really like to just fuel it up, start it, break-in, then go. But at the same time, I'd like to benefit from the Factory Team parts on the FT NTC3, since it took a bit to get my B4 Team to B4 FT. I remember reading in an issue of RCCA that the price of the parts in the FT kit is about a $560 or so savings. Over here where I live, they have the RTR-Plus for $425 while the FT is $420. I don't mind building a kit, but if I can get up and go quickly, even better. But I'm debating because I'd like the option for the FT parts, plus my choice of body, radio equipment, engine, etc. So which would you think is more beneficial in my case? Thanks in advance for your replies.

I also have the option for the HPI R40, R40 Hara Edition, the Mugen Seiki MTX-4, Serpent 710, and Ofna CD3 Pro. But as my local hobby shops show, the parts availability for the TC3 is much higher than the others. A close second is the R40, followed by the MTX-4.

Please don't try to sway my opinion to another car too much.
Old 08-18-2006, 11:56 AM
ProRCRacer88

Default RE: Best for the Money

Well... you should obviously get the car with all the upgrades on it, and take the serpent710 out of choice, there is a 720 that just cam out, so option for that, and take out the r40 and cd3 pro. IMO, I would get the 720 since im a serpent fan, but other than that, which ever car you choose now between the mtx4, r40 hara ed, 720... you cant go wrong. They are some very solid built cars and I seen them hit wall after walls and nothing breaks on them easily at all.
Old 08-18-2006, 01:21 PM
REDisFASTER

Okay, but what about the RTR Plus NTC3 and the FT NTC3? The parts availablility over here are insane!

Also, would you happen to know if the MTX-4's screws are imperial or metric?
Old 08-18-2006, 03:34 PM
ProRCRacer88

mtx4 screws are metric, i forgot, the FT ntc3 is another good choice in cars, and since parts are much available to you, then that would be a good way to go too.
Old 08-18-2006, 04:15 PM
REDisFASTER

Yeah, I was thinking the MTX's screws were metric... Hmm... I only have imperial drivers that I used on my B4... do they come with L-shaped allen keys atleast? My last option would be to use my dad's T-handle hex drivers. I really like that the NTC3 has much parts availability, but the MTX4 and R40 look so much more professional than the NTC3, as even if its FT, the carbon graphite parts still look like the plastic counterparts. But I guess the FT NTC3 would probably be the best bang for my buck. Besides, its not like the NTC4 is coming out anytime soon, and I already have imperial drivers from the B4 that I can use on the NTC3 Thanks for the advice ProRCRacer88
Old 08-18-2006, 07:04 PM
jandb917

i would go with the ft ntc3 (thats what i have) and its a beast ive had it for awhile now and it is awesome, but if you want to put your own gear IE radio, engine, body and what not...... then definatly go with the ft version you wont regret it at all !!!!!
Old 08-18-2006, 09:25 PM
REDisFASTER

Thanks for the reply jandb917, I'm sort of leaning on that car too.
Old 08-18-2006, 11:44 PM
ProRCRacer88

The FT ntc3 are nice cars, but i dont think they would hang with a serpent or something, thats what i seen around my area... people that are pro racers race serpent, mugen, and r40 hara, and kyosho
Old 08-19-2006, 01:11 AM
REDisFASTER

Just because its like that at your local tracks doesn't mean it is for every other track. Some tracks there may be NTC3s whoopin' Serpent cars. Some may have MTX-4's whoopin' NTC3s, and some where its a mix of Kyosho and NTC3s. Don't assume that just because you see it happening at your local track, that its the norm for every other track in the world.
Old 08-19-2006, 11:01 AM
ProRCRacer88

Im aware that people do things different on other tracks, but I was just saying what goes on at my track most of the time. Im sure the FT car is a great car to have, and parts around here are very easy to get also, but I would still buy a serpent since im a diehard fan them. The choice is yours, what ever you get, be sure to get only the best engine and electronics since these high-end kits only deserve the best.[8D]