Notices
RC On Road Nitro Cars Discuss all aspects of on-road nitro rc cars here

2 speed stopped working. HELP

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2006, 06:22 AM
splcrazy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2 speed stopped working. HELP

i have a os engine car and got the 2 speed set up for it a while ago it all worked fine for a long time untill now and im not sure wat has worn out cos it all looks fine could it be the 2 speed clutch or the housing when i start the car all the gears just spin and it doesnt move . i put the normal speed system back on and it works . so im not sure what has wasted with the 2 speed system [&o]
Old 08-21-2006, 11:44 AM
teamRevolution
Banned

Default RE: 2 speed stopped working. HELP

it sounds like the 2mm hold set screw has come up -----its the one that is straight up and down ---- put some blue lock tite on it and get it on the flat spot on the round drive shaft tighten it down good
Old 08-22-2006, 04:42 AM
splcrazy

do you mean the screw that goes on the metal gear thats on the motor
Old 08-22-2006, 07:54 AM
J_D

the shift adjustment screw.
Old 08-22-2006, 09:27 AM
teamRevolution
Banned

on the spur gears ,not the bell gears on the motor there should be a look through hole to adjust the other 2mm set screws

no there is two screws if you have a two screw set up like hpi or traxxass or many others
one screw is in kinda sideways that is the shift point screw dont mess with that to much
the other one hold the gears down to the internal shaft ,hold the spur ,,,, rotate the rear tire --stick a 2 mm allan in the hole to keep it from spinning---- look through the hole as the inside spins you should see two indentions wheer the set screws are
one is straight up and down make sure it is down all the way ---- the other is kinda of cocked side ways --that is the shift adjust
if you have a problem call me--219 736 1793 ---ill try to help you better than this ------ tim