Notices
RC On Road Nitro Cars Discuss all aspects of on-road nitro rc cars here

Quick help with Yokomo GT4

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2006, 07:44 PM
asylum-

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Quick help with Yokomo GT4

Hi guys, my name is Jesse. I bought a Yokomo GT4 about 2 years ago (guess?). I drove it for about 6-8 months. After that it sat in storage (no place to drive it). Now that i can drive it i tried to start it up. It had brand new gas and a fully charged glow start. After fooling around with it a bit it wouldn't start. So i checked the gas lines. It wasn't pumping gas to the motor. So i held my finger on the exhaust tip and cranked the motor. It started but quickly stalled. And that was the only way i could get the motor to start. So basically what I'm saying is the motor is not pumping gas to it. Is there anyway i could fix that? Bad lines, Bad compression?

Any help would be very much appreciated. If you need any more information i left out then feel free to ask.

Thanks.
Old 08-26-2006, 11:00 PM
rlouis12
My Feedback: (46)

Default RE: Quick help with Yokomo GT4

I usually pull off the line from the pipe and blew into it. Second the you can buy a prime bulb from towerhobbies. Also you might check your gas tank to see if it has a leak.
Old 08-27-2006, 12:39 AM
D-Nicest

Your piston is probably done reason why, when a piston begins to die or is bad you have to keep on leaning the motor in to make it move like it did when it had a good piston, right now your engine is too lean. Richen it up for now but if it keeps dieng out on you its time to get a new engine. Also check your fuel tank, and make sure there no clogging anywhere. [] Change your glow plug, you've had that engine for like a year, you'd wonder why it won't startlol
Old 08-27-2006, 08:16 AM
asylum-

Thank you D-Nicest, The engine will start and fire up but quickly die after that. Because Fuel is not getting to the motor. Will the things you just suggested help it?
I have 2 extra Glow plugs that haven't been used, but have been sitting around, will those be fine?

Thanks again.
Old 08-29-2006, 09:37 AM
D-Nicest

Yeah go ahead and richen up the high end needle, and put a brand new "packaged" glow plug in, but if you see that after maybe 1 or 2 mins of running the engine keeps on cutting off, or the car can't idol, it's time for a new engine.