KYOSHO CAR

Old 09-26-2006, 05:23 PM
sea1107

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default KYOSHO CAR

fw05T RTR

Or

fw 05rrr

i haveing a hard time makeing my mind p abot which one to buy. I only going to to race probley once month at the local track . the fw05t is lilttle less by 200 than the fw0-5rrr does anyone have either of these cars and which one is more upgradeable.

I going to use a speckturm dx3 radio and put in a better engine just not sure which one ye.
Old 09-27-2006, 11:38 AM
WalawalaStore

Default RE: KYOSHO CAR

Hi,

If you want to race with it, don't get RTR kits.

Regards

Joaquim
Old 09-27-2006, 12:30 PM
GYNAIKAS

If you want to race dont buy FW at all...buy kyosho v-one-s RRR...but its a bit expencive...I would also recomend FW RRR its a great car but dont expect high top racing performance. Dont forget that with the right tuning all cars are competitive but if you choose to upgrade your FW to professional stage it will cost as much as a v-one-s RRR which i concider as the best 1/10 on road car ever made in this planet...your money...your decision.
Old 09-27-2006, 01:18 PM
MiamizFinest

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

GET A SMARTECH BEST CAR ON EARTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! j/k lololololol get the RRR
Old 09-27-2006, 09:18 PM
swerv512

ok, why dont we address the original question posted: the fw05rtr or the fw05rrr instead of suggesting other cars. obviously he or she wants a shaft driven car for whatever reason. maybe because he or she is only going to be racing once a month at a local track- for which reason the fw05 is a great car. if you're new to the hobby of onroad racing the rtr will get you to the starting line just fine. however, as your racing skills progress you will end up spending a considerable amount more $$ to upgrade you engine, radio system, and other components (you'd probably end up with something similar to the rrr version). but if the monies tight and you're just itching to jump into the water then get the rtr. that way you wont have to worry about regulation engine size and top shelf components right away. plus it'll be a great car WHEREVER you decide to run. take it to the local parking lot and dont worry about stripping out belts and pulleys because of the pebbles that would have eaten up your belts. shaft drive cars will teach you the same lessons as would a belt drive. so dont let anyone tell you different. the main thing is to buy what you can afford, burn nitro, and have fun.
Old 09-28-2006, 06:29 AM
usernametaken

ORIGINAL: sea1107

i haveing a hard time makeing my mind p abot which one to buy. I only going to to race probley once month at the local track . the fw05t is lilttle less by 200 than the fw0-5rrr does anyone have either of these cars and which one is more upgradeable.

I going to use a speckturm dx3 radio and put in a better engine just not sure which one ye.
I race the 05T regularly and in its class (.12-.15 up to 1hp) it is very competitive and been reliable, you dont need to do much to it to improve it for racing. Re engine most people turn up there nose at the stock gxr motor and I race against guys with nova .12s and OS 12s 1hp motors and I am no slower then them...I just run a cheap jpl pipe, descent air filter, play with gearing, 10%oil. IF you are going to change engine like you said then if you can afford the FW 05RR then that is probably better way to go.
Re spektrum I use the radio and love it, I use to have a Jr radio and the only function I miss from the JR is the exponential setting but I just learn to drive without it. You cant beat being at the track hearing everybody *****ing about interference and you are having no problems.

If you go with the T model make sure you get the T plus as it has few options included. Also another thing to factor in is RTR electrics are usually not up to racing so another thing you will change down road if you go the RTR way.

Both cars have a ton of upgrades available and aftermarket as well. IF you bought 05RR you wont have to upgrade many parts are interchangeable between the two.