Notices
RC On Road Nitro Cars Discuss all aspects of on-road nitro rc cars here

Mongoose anti rollbar

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2006, 06:58 PM
fr_lan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mongoose anti rollbar

Hi I recently finish building my RdLogics Mongoose (great car). I'm using the anti rollbars both in front and in the rear, but on my first day at the track, the car hooked a lot, and oversteer like a crazy horse. Well the thing is I don't know how to regulatre the antiroll bars. I want to soften the rear one but don't know how.
Any Ideas ?'
Old 10-05-2006, 07:29 PM
D-Nicest

Default RE: Mongoose anti rollbar

To soften the rear rotate the scew that is directly connected to the bar to the horizontile position to stiffen set to 90degrees. Also it could be your intoe in the rear. Is the track your on high traction. If so let me know what your set-up that your using is.
Old 10-06-2006, 04:54 AM
crazy nick
My Feedback: (29)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't know if it will help you , but my freind and I both took the blades right out of the rear and ran w/out them. It made a world of difference. By the way, great choice on your buy. Alot of guys at the track spent the big money on Team Magic , I was the 1st w/ a mongoose. They were kind of upset that they spent so much and I got almost the same exact car for under $200. hahaha suckers! Also when I find it I'll send you a link for $4.00 belts if you want.
Old 10-08-2006, 06:53 PM
fr_lan

Thanks you both.

D-nicest: Should I flatten both screws (right and left sides?)? I'm using the standar setup, the ione that comes in the manual, since y wanted to use it as a basis. My track conditions I should say is a medium traction, tight (very tight) track.

Crazy Nick: Thanks, I also think the same. I mainly decide on the mongoose, because I whanted a good competitive car as my first notro car. Had a lot of experience in electrics, but wanna take the nitro jump. I was between a NTC3, Mongoose, And the serpent 720. The best choice the mongoose.
Wandering what should be the hop up parts I need? Here I can get the Team Magic ones or the Kfavctory ones. And please sende me the $4.00 belt link.
Old 10-08-2006, 08:02 PM
D-Nicest

Put EACH SCREW IN THE FLAT POSITION.
Old 10-10-2006, 06:33 PM
fr_lan

thanks d-nicest I will test the changes thursday night hopefully