Notices
RC On Road Nitro Cars Discuss all aspects of on-road nitro rc cars here

Stage D??

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2006, 10:59 PM
Rs43EVOman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stage D??

Hey, ive got a HPi rs4 3 evo roller laying around that im probably gonna drop another T-15, or some other cheeper engine, but i wanted to ask whether this car can be easily drifted (well not easliy because drifitng is actually hard, but you know what i mean) without getting the whoe stage D kit, and just using the drift tires, and maybe a few little set-up changes? If i can which tires, and what set-up changes do you reccomend?
Old 11-05-2006, 09:45 AM
thedub88

Default RE: Stage D??

Stay away from the t-15. I hear there junk, besides there like $150 - $170. Go with a .18. You can get an OS for $99 and has twice the power than the t-15

Stage D $250 come on!! What a rip!! You don't need the conversion to drift. Just get some drift tires, or make you own from 2" pvc or the prefered abs pipe . Some lock there rear diff.
Old 11-05-2006, 09:56 AM
Rs43EVOman

ive already had 1 T-15 before, and it wasnt definetly not junk, yah its not the most powerful engine out there, but if you take care of it, it should last. If you look on my other thread, im debating between getting another T-15, and getting a OFNA force.12S.
Old 11-05-2006, 10:56 AM
GYNAIKAS

STAY AWAY FROM OFNA!!!!!!! Believe me: No power no durability! I had one! 2 years of use,the engine fu... me to the bone!!!
Old 11-05-2006, 10:25 PM
silent_echo

for drifting the hpi stage is just really for looks, yes it does put the weight in the proper place for 4wd drifting, but the scale is so small it doesnt really make a difference. i would not recomend pvc or abs pip e for drift tires simply because its a nitro, and nitros have way to many revs. id invest in the hpi stage D tires or similar hard compound slicks. some suspension changes you would be looking at is a tad harder springs (softer in the front harder in the rear) about 3* negative camber, try more in therear late r to see what u like. and finally, if you really want to, set the rear to 2* toe in and and fron to 2 or 3* toe out to get the insane turn in to get those really sharp drift angles.

take all this from an experienced nitro drifter

goodluck
Old 11-06-2006, 02:03 AM
cnguyen831

Wow, great thread. I want to drift my Evo too. What color springs do u use? I have the tires, locked rear diff, OS CVRX. can't get it to drift yet, will try your camber settings.
Old 11-06-2006, 06:42 PM
silent_echo

drifting doesnt really matter on the setup (like exact spring colours) as long as your in the ball park your good the rest is just skill, proper clutch and engine tuning to sustain high rpms while in slow motion. anyone whos about to drift nitro richen up your engine a bit. it may not perform the best but it will help your engine in the long run with the abuse of drifting
Old 11-06-2006, 08:40 PM
IAMLeon

i think your all abit over your heads here about everything you need.
i can drift with the stock tyres and stock springs and no locked diff
ive got a bit more power out of the engine with an exhaust and header plus airfilter but its nothing really
find a smooth surface, and practice. you can get it sideways incircles and winding up the street pretty good after a bit.
that being said, i run stage d tyres also and it makes a hell of a difference. i think the stage d kits a bit over the top,
but it does look good. if you are really serious about it, get a solid rear axle/diff so its locked, get the drift tyres, get a better airfilter and possibly cooling head as the engine is going be strained. and reserve alot of time to practice..
Old 11-06-2006, 08:46 PM
Rs43EVOman

Guys what do you reccomend: ive already got all the 2 speed gear combonation for the rs4 (yellow for bottom-end power), purple (for medium range power), and the red (for top-end power). Just wondering which gears do you all reccomend, im using a T-15 with a THS tuned pipe.
Old 11-07-2006, 03:25 PM
silent_echo

i still havent gotten around toc hanging the gear ratio... one of the very few things left stock on my rs4 lol