Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC On Road Nitro Cars
Reload this Page >

Need help fast new to RC hobby engine worries

Community
Search
Notices
RC On Road Nitro Cars Discuss all aspects of on-road nitro rc cars here

Need help fast new to RC hobby engine worries

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2006, 07:53 PM
James14

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help fast new to RC hobby engine worries

i got my FW-05T the other week and ive broken it in, and gotten it tuned by a hobby guy that works in the shop. he tuned it n all said it is fine to go. in the past week its been going fine then just in the last few days, ive started the car, reved it a few times, when i put it down and accelerate the engine doesnt sound right at cuts out and need to start the engine again, im getting worried about this, beacuse im very new to hobby and still understanding. Any help would be greatly appreciated. James rosser.
Old 11-11-2006, 08:14 PM
hpi apollo

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Need help fast new to RC hobby engine worries

it means you need to tune it, most engine need to be tuned every time that you run them, you cant just set it once and leave it, what kind of sound does it make? it would be best to take a trip to your hobby shop and ask the guy to show you how to properly start the engine, tune it, ect
Old 11-11-2006, 08:48 PM
vdubpl

when i asked the guy at the hobby shop to tun e my car , he told me that i will have to retune it when the weather changes so i just do it myself now.....
Old 11-11-2006, 11:39 PM
apflyboy

i'm not sure about your car but i have a jato and it came with a plastic like exhaust pipe and it has a rubber thing that seals it to the engine. My car started to sound weird, it had less power, and it would cut out. My hobby shop couldn't figure out what the problem was so my friend and i started to try to figure it out. We took the exhaust pipe off and it had been melted and then broke off so it wasn't sealed right. You couldn't tell from the outside but when you looked inside you could see that the place that seals was in 2 pieces so i went to my lhs and bought the upgraded aluminum tuned pipe and it works fine now. I don't know if this is your problem but i thought that i could tell you so you could check if you want.
Old 11-11-2006, 11:48 PM
hpi apollo

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

how hot is it running and what kind of sound is it making
Old 11-12-2006, 12:38 AM
James14

i followed the book and started it up and re tuned it, i eventualy got it sounding good, i'll upload a picture soon.. but if it continues i might go and ask the hobby guys whats the thing to do
Old 11-12-2006, 04:26 PM
Banana Turbo
Banned

James 14,

You need to retune your engine as you use it. The settings that are best after 5 mins of use are usually differnt to the settings you need after 25mins of thrashing it around.

If there is a noticable change in performance after thrashing it around for a while its probably over heating.

Leave it to cool down and try turning the high speed needle 90 degrees anti clockwise.
Old 11-12-2006, 06:14 PM
vdubpl

its not a big thing to tune, youll either turn it 1 way or the other just a little