Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC On Road Nitro Cars
Reload this Page >

New to Nitro cars, just a few questions

Community
Search
Notices
RC On Road Nitro Cars Discuss all aspects of on-road nitro rc cars here

New to Nitro cars, just a few questions

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2006, 11:38 PM
shackscs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to Nitro cars, just a few questions

I picked up what seems to be a pretty good deal here on eBay: [link=http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=012&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3APIC&viewitem=&item=220050298867&rd=1&rd=1]Ebay[/link]

I was going to jump into a new Monster truck but wanted to see how well I faired with this first, and at the rpice, I couldn't resist.

After downloading an reading through the manual, one of the first this that I will need to do is check of the carb for rust or other problems since it has been sitting for a few months. I will also check to be sure the pistons are ok.

My questions are:

1) Other than my initial assumptions, is there anything else I might want to check out?
2) Should I simply send the eninge in to Traxxas for their replacement program for a new 3.3?
3) I am considering changing the graphics on one of the bodies, are these typically vinyl letters or decals? I want to remove them but I am not sure what the steps will be.

If there is any thing else, I would appreciate it.

Thanks

Old 11-21-2006, 03:14 PM
shackscs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New to Nitro cars, just a few questions

No one?
Old 11-21-2006, 04:35 PM
hpi apollo

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: New to Nitro cars, just a few questions

1. a good once over is always a well thought out idea
2. the 3.3 is way overpowered, noobs always get the idea of a larger engine ebcause "it makes it faster" no it doesnt
3. might as well buy another body that you like, paint it how you like, and detail ti how you like