Notices
RC On Road Nitro Cars Discuss all aspects of on-road nitro rc cars here

Low speed oversteering...??

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2006, 02:10 AM
vti-chris

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Low speed oversteering...??

I run on 1/8th rally game asphalt races and i have a problem with my setup.

At high speed turns when i throttle it it pushes out(understeer) a little which is what i like(i hate oversteer).At slow turns if i have some speed on them(if i can) and blip the throttle it turns fine without oversteering.
Now if the turn is 180 degree and slow most of the times when i blip the throttle it oversteers like crazy.
Another thing i want to add is that if i enter the turn and i'm on light throttle it still oversteers.It seems to prefer blipping the throttle and not going smooth.
If i'm cruizing down the straigh and let off the throttle and try to turn it oversteers again.
It seems like it needs to be powered on to keep that end on track.
My setup is:
100wt shock oil
with very stiff springs(if i go soft it seems more like a boat to me than a car)
50000/100000/5000 diff oil F/C/R
3 degree toe in on the rear and 0.5 toe in on the front.
around 12 degrees caster
and camber is set for even tire wear
Old 12-04-2006, 04:29 AM
WalawalaStore

Default RE: Low speed oversteering...??

Hi,

I try to help with what I know. The rule book is the same for all 3 diffs 4WD. Basicly you have too much steering at off throttle or braking. One thing is about weight transfer. You can adjust this by decreasing front kick up angle, make the arms more parallel to the ground. If not adjustable, try to increase rear diff oil viscosity. The easiest way is to switch the front and rear diffs and see what happens first and make fine changes.

Your 100000 center diff is very pushy on throttle. That's why it understeers when you apply throttle but you get hard accelecration with hard center diff.

Hope it helps.

Regards

Joaquim
Old 12-04-2006, 05:06 AM
vti-chris

Default RE: Low speed oversteering...??

Most of the guys where i run use locked center diffs so i guess a 100000 diff will give more steering than a full locked center diff.
For the rear diff i thought that the lighter oil you use the more grip it will have in the corner.