Search
Notices
RC On Road Nitro Cars Discuss all aspects of on-road nitro rc cars here

Kyosho FW-05T - how good is it ?

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2007, 06:05 PM
s2khic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kyosho FW-05T - how good is it ?

sorry guys its a noob question - just looking for some info.
Old 01-14-2007, 10:03 PM
usernametaken

Default RE: Kyosho FW-05T - how good is it ?

very good car for the money....only problems I have had have been transmission first gear one way bearing played up, I ended up replacing the assy with a aftermarket lightened part. Original part probably only needed reoiling anyway. Threw a rod in the stock motor, put that down to my poor tuning experience (ran it lean just one to many times )
RTR throttle servo died , but these need . Just had my front locker diff fail, but that has been in since new and been racing car for about 15 months. Had done some basic upgrades for racing like alloy Vone rrr shocks and kyosho chassis , better servos and radio and TCD diff for rear.
Havent really broken much from racing, few dogbones failed but have universals all round and been lot better. Bent a few hinge pins but you get that from racing.
Easy to upgrade to RR specs.

Old 01-15-2007, 11:57 AM
s2khic

thanks for the info... sounds like you had a lot of work done to it though.
It doesnt look like alot of people really know much about this kyosho model.
Old 01-15-2007, 08:12 PM
usernametaken

if you are going to race you will have to work on what ever model you buy just the way it is especially if you want to be competitive and crashes/breakages are inevitable. I just race in a club class with motors limited to side exhaust. Have been racing against guys with mugen chassis etc so needed to upgrade some parts.
Not sure what else you needed to know..power wise on the track with the stock motor and better pipe I am about the same in top speed as guys running the os .12 cvr.
I had originally purchased the standard T model. The newer T plus has a few good upgrades on it out of the box like adjustable tie rods all round, alloy shocks, front universals and rear hubs are from the Vone RRR so it gives you more room to run wide rear foams.
If you are just going to drive it around parking lots etc it is great value for money car and strong. If you going to race it eventually it has potential just need to upgrade bits a long the way as your skill level improves.
Best thing I could say for you is if you prefer to buy from your LHS then see what they sell and support, otherwise I think Kyosho in the US has a online store direct from distributor so you should not find it hard to get parts for kyosho anymore.
Old 01-16-2007, 08:56 AM
reedthis1
My Feedback: (2)

The FW-05T was a good car for me. I bought one when they first came out and it was $240.00 now they are more. I was impressed with the smoothness of the model. The shifting was seamless and the top spee inpressive. The tranny gears would be the only weak point if you do not find a very clean area to run because the little rocks will kill it. The sound that the muffled pipe made was really nice and quiet and the performance was still impressive but I like noise so a new pipe would sound better. I did the WHISH! test on it to determine the basher speed. That's when you give it full throttle and wait to see how fast it will whish by.
Old 01-19-2007, 07:34 AM
MONAROMAN

Love my kyosho fw05t, killed the stock .15 engine too and put in a techwell .12 rear exhaust with no starter and it absolutely screams, had issues with small rocks in tranny too but noticed them and dug em out before any real damage done, good hop ups and spares available and it runs hard out of the box, don't race it though - only with mates