Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: RS4 Club Thread

lol @ iexion.....Hey what are your guys thought on removin your front dogbones to make your RS4 RWD?
    Currently Working on a CEN MT2 Crawler Project

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

lol, haha not really a good idea to do that, youll have no control. If u do plan to do it just go easy on the throttle so its doesnt stress out your engine and drivetrain.

I accidentally left the grub screw loose for the rear shaft before and my car was FWD for a while, it doesnt turn at all at it wheelspins while turning haha
    - HPI RS4 - HPI sprint 2 -
    Dream, Drive, Drift.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

hey guys. i actually got my car on rear wheel drive right now. haven't tried runnin it yet but im about to either tonight or tomorrow. im gonna try driftin the normal way and since its on rear wheel drive it kinda means that my brakes are only gonna apply to the rear since i took off the front shafts/dogbones (?), kind of like a handbrake. i really think it's gonna work since i know how to do slaloms and actually power thru them. the only problem was when i try to power over the turn the power comes from the front wheels since my real car is a front wheel drive, but i don't know. might work on the rc since real drift cars are mostly RWD. im gonna try runnin it on normal tires and on homemade abs tires. let you guys know whatsup... by the way i actually checked with about 4 hobby shops if it was alright to run my car on 2 wheels instead of 4, like if it was gonna burn my engine or somethin but they actually said it wouldn't since im runnin stock.
    rs4nation
    project X

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

hey ian, heres an idea. I was thinking about this if i did ever get the d-convr. Being the convr sets the balance of the car in the middle. it might be better to make that a RWD car as apose to a "stock" rs4 chassis. I say this because you should be able to tell that the weight for the rs4 is more to the rearish but past the middle. One of the reasons why its a " d-cnvrsn" is because it puts the engine more in the middle of the chassis so the weight balance is "more on par".

If i remember correctly, cars like the RX-7, Lancer EVO (o0oO0o) Nissan/datsun 280Z & 240sx (Silvia for JDM) have near a 50/50 weight distribution. So those are good cars for drifting. Im not sure about the BNR34's tho. So the point im making is: you CAn go RWD, but you just going to spin round and round and round and...... "you'll be getting more donuts then a cop @ a donut shop"

Iexion: "Mr" air quotes
    Call me what I am. I am Kolossus

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

hahaha! "more donuts then a cao @ a donut shop"!!! lmao... tell me u thought of that all on ur own!

p.s. just ran my car a few tanks today, im still having trouble with my 3nd gear, ive tried tuning when it changes from first 2 2nd by putting that screw all the way in and turning it 3 turns out, then 3.5, then 4... still nothing...:S i have no ide what 2 do, but i think i may just leave it 2 the hobby shop considering im still kinda newb and have tried other things other ppl have told me, and jsut cant fix it...
    Past/Present: [TL-01] [Micro RS4] [RS4 Evo [XXX-T] [Firestorm 3.0]
    Future: [Baja SS]

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hey eh bro.. u said u put the screw in all the way?? then turned 3 times? i just want to make sure your not confused.
    So lets say your have the screw on a rench and your getting ready to put it back in. You only put the screw in just enough to the screw is not sticking out any more, THEN you turn it 3-4 times. If u put the screw in all the way, your transmission will never shift. (or if it does you broke something) But dont worry about that yet
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Us52993.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	29.8 KB 
ID:	638739  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Sorry that pic might be kind of hard to see. But if u can see where that green "blob" is, thats where the screw should be when u first screw it in. U should still be able to see the screw from the outside

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

bup, i dunno, i tried a while ago playign with it, then nothing worked, so i left it the way it was... now (2nite) i just wen tupstairs and tried playing with it again, im not 100% sure and im working then with gf 2moro, but imma try and just get 1 or 2 tanks of running just 2 see if it changes.. btu tahkns alot nay way bro... ill let u know after i get a session in sometime (hopefully) this weekend!.. thx again! peace out homie :P

oh, and wats the dealio on RS4 NATIONNNNNNNN?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? 8-)

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Check to see if its even shifting without any load. Hold it in the air then just rev past half throttle and you should be able to hear it flick into gear and your exhaust will just start screaming very loud and sounds like its going crazy. This is when you know 2nd gear just kicked in yo!

You will even feel it flick into 2nd gear when your holding it. Its harder to notice when you put it down on the ground but you will always notice the revs will change. When my 2nd gear kicks in it sometimes looses traction and starts going in a different direction which is scary in the streets
    Dream, Drive, Drift.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

boys, that screw u indicated in the picture is not the second gear adjustment screw. thats the screw to tighten to the cup once its in there. what u'll need to adjust is the screw with the spring (in the picture) that u turn tight then 2.5 - 3 turns out..so what u do is loosen that other screw first (the green one in the picture), then tighten the adjustment screw, then turn 2.5 turns out. now put it in the other cup...THEN tighten the other set screw, so it fits tightly on the cup. then put the rest of it together, and try it out. u'll need to play around with the shift screw, but u can do that from under the chassis. i had the same problem, and my 2nd gear works like a charm now.

Hey jon, my fail safe is 100% now...i had to also tweak that. that venom smart temp fail safe is too advanced man. hahaha.
    peace!!!
    ***Co-Founding Member of RS4 Nation***

Owner of
    HPI Nitro RS4 3 18SS & HPI Nitro RS4 Mini (once upon a time)

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

[:@] Dammit i knew this screw was the wrong one but i forgot to correct that when i was making that green blob because i was too busy thinking about how far the screw should be in[:@]

SOO altho it looks like the wrong screw i was talking about its the screw that goes in at an angle. that should only go in so far and then turn 3 times[&:]

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

this might be a stupid ? but is a rs4 3 evo and stage d kit worth about 480 bucks ?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

depend on ur taste. i like the Drift-kit but ive been ranting about how they should sell the kit in parts. Nothing is really wrong with getting the kit and conversion but dont forget about RESALE value. if u ever wanted to sell your rs4, dont expect to get anything close to $400 for it. $250 if ur lucky

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

well thanks ill have to keep looking to see if i can find a cheap one and then do the drift kit.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

**** man, i dunno, i played (tried 2 adjust) those screws, but havent had time 2 run it, not even put nitro, hold her in the air and hear it shift, but hopefully sometime sooon

... AND I STILL HAVENT FUKN RECIEVED MY SHIPMENT FROM TOWERHOBBIESS!!!! ***FFF!!!!! I DONT THINK ILL EVER GET ANYTHING FROM THEM AGAIN!!!... really bad experience so far!...

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I have a feeling that some items in your order is in out of stock and on backorder. Ive had similar problems took over a month for me to recieve it and they only told me it was on backorder like 3 weeks after i ordered it. Id try contact towerhobbies asap to the current status of the order
    Dream, Drive, Drift.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

no i tried calling them, i talked and spaazzed at them and ****, and it has alreaedy been sent, so i dunno... i knwo its not on back order, and i know it is crossing the border from usa to canada, but i mean... cmon... march 15th will be 30 days!! :@... thats fukin crazy!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Its most likely in customs in line for clearance. I ordered an engine from nitro********* on ebay took a month, was complaining to the seller for 2 weeks. I thought he was ripping me off but it ended up at customs for a while cause i saw the customs sticker on the box with the date when i recieved it
    Dream, Drive, Drift.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Jon, did you get any sort of tracking number? I know from past experience, that it's worth the extra few bucks to get insurance. Like this you can track your parcel. But because it's one big order order, I'm sure it's stuck at customs as well. Hold onto your shorts there big guy. You'll get your items soon
    ***Co-Founding Member of RS4 Nation***

Owner of
    HPI Nitro RS4 3 18SS & HPI Nitro RS4 Mini (once upon a time)

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I ordered 2 bodies,body sizzors,and a reamer tool from towwerhobbies and I received everything quick so my experiece with them was awesome, I also live in the US no customs crap to deal with....good luck jonny boy...lol
    Currently Working on a CEN MT2 Crawler Project

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

why spend cash on a drift kit....that shows you have no skill to drift a normal setup. Practise a normal set up or just buy pvc tires.
    -Hpi Racing Nitro RS4 3 EVO
    -Traxxas T-MAXX 2.5
    -Hpi Racing Nitro Rush
    Go check out my profile to view them...please?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

The drift kit has better balance but seriously not worth money. The standard rs4 has heavy rear and a very light front but it still drifts good if you slap some drift radials on. You cant use PVC or ABS on nitro. Trust me ive tried, barely any traction and will barely turn. They work great on my sprint2 though
    Dream, Drive, Drift.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

oh....and is it just me or does anyone have the problem like when something breaks....theres another problem after that, like one problem after another?
    -Hpi Racing Nitro RS4 3 EVO
    -Traxxas T-MAXX 2.5
    -Hpi Racing Nitro Rush
    Go check out my profile to view them...please?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

thats all ive been doing this weekend. running back and forth to the hobbyshop.needed to get a: New glow plug. New glow plung Battery (2nd trip) need another glow rench. might need another glow ingitor, need better glue. Need more shock oil. need WD-40. sanded my exhaust to make room so the tires wont rub. replaced the exhaust cub thingy (4 times) fixed 2 exhaust leaks, re-routed the fuel line 3 times... All of this and some other things i forgot, ive been trying to figure out why its not working and why this is rubbing and why it wont start and why does it keep doing this... all ive been doing this weekend was fixing my rs4. Nicest weekend in the last 4 months to[:@] 50 Degrees sat and sunday and ive been fixing that FU**ING RS4[:@] I didnt even start FU**ing with SH** to break anything either. just SH*T breaking for no reason one after another [:@] AND THE F**KER STILL WONT RUN RIGHT[:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@]

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

lol, so true bro, so true... this stuff really is 1 thing after another, thats y it steals ur money man! lol, LHS dont make cash off the cars, maybe a bill if their lucky... its all abotu parts man... its crazy howmany things can go wrong @ 1 time, llol... and 4get that im sitll fukin waiting 4 my shipment:@... and i worked all weekend long and it has been gorgeous out!, and i got so much schoool work! fuk. lol.. rc, this, school, that, work... lol.. im goin insane :S

p.s. this weekend i saw 2 movies, wild hogs which was funny, and alpha dog which was pretty sick!... still gotta see 300 the movie!

Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast