Notices
RC On Road Nitro Cars Discuss all aspects of on-road nitro rc cars here

RS4 Club Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2007, 12:32 PM
iexion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: RS4 Club Thread

Ah 300.. The movies were PACKED. we wanted to see it but it was so fukin full at the movies. Friday Saturday And Sunday. Yea the last thing i did last nite with my rs4 was get it to start then idle with out the ignitor on it. It did it once but then cut out. I started it up again then it just idled till i stoped it. When the first time it cut out i did the water test. sizzled for 10 secs. thast the hotest ive ever had the engine ( just to give an idea how new this engine still is. ) i think i have around 1 QT and 2-3 tanks on the engine. That includes break in. So i cant figure out why ive been having these types of issuse. but if i can get it to idle today i might get some form of a run in[&:]
Old 03-12-2007, 08:48 PM
The Hybrid

Well my RS4 is running fine...lol But I work alot so I only have time to mess with it on the weekends...
Old 03-12-2007, 11:11 PM
jonsmilez

yeah man, i just worked 5 fukin days in a row, cuz my boss went on vaca 2 florida... lol. crazy, but will give me sum cash , lol...sux, cuz its pure work, then pure gf... but wtvr... im thinking of skipping school 2moro and running, its suppose 2 b 10 degrees outside!! so sunny :P... but i gotta change my shift thingy, gotta play and see if i can fix that... :S...

iexion: "When the first time it cut out i did the water test. sizzled for 10 secs. thast the hotest ive ever had the engine ( just to give an idea how new this engine still is."

my question: what water test are you talking about? i never heard of that b4?!...
Old 03-13-2007, 01:29 AM
iexion

dammit jon u noob[&:] no im playin. the water test is when u put a drop of water on the heat sink/cooling head (around the glow plug) and if is sizzles for 3 secs the engine it running too hot but if its 7+ secs your cold. something around that. the point of it is, i dont like to / dont really run my car any bit hot. im not too concerned on tuneing the engine for full power simply because the engine has plenty of power as it is right now. and ive gotten it a bit closer to 100% tuned (around 85%) and thats when i bent the dog bone (and broke it the 2nd one). So i know im gonna want to get the engine tuned for full on power with out going lean but untill i get eventhing i want for the car. im not looking for full power "yet"
Old 03-13-2007, 10:20 AM
jonsmilez

true true, i never heard of that bro...water test.... interesting tho...

..... i fogot 2 say, i called towerhobbies yday, and they gave me a parcel insurance #... then i called canada post, adn told them i dont have a tracking #, but can u still find it and ****, blah blah blah... so it ended up that all my stuff JUST got into canada on friday... and hey dont do deliveries or sundays, so i was talkin 2 that guy and im leik can u gimmie an estimate, he sayd "its tough 2 give an estimate cuz canada post doesnt have the parcel, its still with customs, but he said earliest wednesday, probably thursday, but again, it depends on customs"... im crossing my fingers that i jsut get it this week, but its ****ed up, cuz when i ordered the **** from towerhobbies i was staying @ my dads place, but now im back @ my moms, and the worst thing is my dads going 2 europe 2nite (tuesday)... so now i have 2 rive 2 dads (only 20-25 mins away) see if i have 2 of those papers they stick 2 ur door saying you missed the delivery, take that, go to canada post, THEN FINALLY pick up my shiiiiiit!!!! ..... fukin cray man!.... [&o].... but woot, hopefully this week
Old 03-13-2007, 12:03 PM
jonsmilez

OMG!!!! LOL, MY @ 2ndGEAR IS WORKING AND IN ACTION ... but now of all things 2 break... weirdest thing.. ill explain the story... soooo... lol... so wtvrim adjusting the 2 speed from under the chasis in my house cause i know it works good now, but i wanted it a bit sooner, after the tune, i fill my tank go back outside and im ready 2 go... lol.. i pull the starter and my hand hits my chest.... i feel something in my hand [X(]... i was liek OMG [:@]... it turned out it was half of my pull start handle [].... lol... and i wasnt even pulling that hard [&:]... lol.. wtvr... @ least it was JUST the handle, not the pull start it self ... lol.. crazyness. its so hot outside, i was wearing sweat pants and sweat shirt, no hat, and i was sweating... lol... 2 bad franky is working (although i should be at schoool... haha... fuk that... rc 4 life )
Old 03-13-2007, 12:51 PM
Presence

imagine..ive been outta work for 8 weeks, and it was cold as hell..the week i go back to work, the sun is out, and the weather is in double digits (in canada that is ;-) )
anyways...i wanna go rc'ing every minute of the day starting friday afternoon
Old 03-13-2007, 10:56 PM
jonsmilez

lol, yeah man, it was goregous out 2day, i acnt belive what happened 2 my pull starteer, lol, at least it was JUST the handle not the whole thing, lol...

... oh funny thing... well nto that funny, but yeah.. so i came inside after my pull start handle broke, then i just left my car in my room and had 2 do some stuff... so i got home 2nite, and i was liek i needa get rid of the fuel sitiing in the tank and fuel lines, so i emptied back of the fuel from the tank, and took the the fuel line that attachted 2 carb and pressed the tank to push all the nitro out, then attatched the fuel line back on, nwo just in order 2 makre sure there was NO nitro left, and also 2 make sure it still started althought i broke the handle, so i started her up, she idled 2 a bit then died, did she again 2 jsut make sure, she died again, worst part is my room fukin STINKSSSSSSSSSS liek burned nitrooooo... lmao.... kinda sux, but wtvr, ill be high while i sleep 2nite... lmao... oh and i hope i go out friday w frank! ... LMK frank... and maybe ian can come 2 if u aint working... well talk.. peace boyz...
Old 03-13-2007, 11:35 PM
jonsmilez

http://www.theweathernetwork.com/wea...6.htm#longTerm

check it frank, wether, suppose 2 have light snow, but its suppose 2 b double digits, so i dunno bro, i hope we go out frida, and i wanna run 2moro a bit b4 school, but i dunno if thats gunna happen :S....
Old 03-14-2007, 06:37 AM
Presence

i'm not doing that underground crap anymore..so as long as it doesnt snow or rain..i'll be good to go
i wish today wouldnt rain, cuz I could go today as well...
Old 03-14-2007, 12:02 PM
jonsmilez

DAMNNNNNNNNN WEATHERRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!! :@:@:@... man im watching superbike.... love that ****, their racing @ daytona... its spo nice there... mat mladin had the lead, then lost it... and emke didntdo well either ... and ben spies won, who cares... such a weird race, so many ppl got out early...
Old 03-14-2007, 02:32 PM
jonsmilez

this site needs some more action, it was so good @ the begining... but now... hmmm... im bored... lol... i guess ill go playsome more cs....

wooot i got a pic, lmao <-------------------------
Old 03-14-2007, 09:59 PM
Camaropunk

ummm.....cs? bro....iim a pro gamer. u play source or 1.6? plz say 1.6
Old 03-14-2007, 10:40 PM
jonsmilez

i dunno i bought it off steam... lol.. it comes with counter strike, i guess the original and cs condition zero... lol, but i usually only play cs... lol... i dont think its 1.6...
Old 03-15-2007, 04:33 PM
Camaropunk

whats your steam friends info?
Old 03-15-2007, 07:34 PM
fuzion18ss

i'd love to play cs...cept someone hacked my cd key and i could never log into steam with it...too pissed that they wouldn't do anything for me to buy another copy (or HL2 for that matter)
Old 03-16-2007, 09:29 PM
jonsmilez

yeah add me, my steam id is jonsmilez .. and if that doesnt work u can add people by email, and u know my email address.. add me and well play 2gether, i have a mic, i hope u do also.. that'd be sick...

.,.... SOoOoO... yeah.. I FINALLY GOT MY SHIPMENT FROM TOWER HOBBIES! @ LAST!!! ... (exactly 30 days l8r)... was kinda happy 2 FINALLY get it, but i dunno, i spent 2 bills, and it took 4 ever 2 get here, like it was a 10-30 day shipment but fuk, that was long... and yeah im happy i installed my ths pipe 2day and i also tried installing my venom fail safe, after programming the fail safe and attatching all the wires i tried pulling the throttle on my transmitter/controller, and it didnt work, the throttle didnt move @ all, not brake, not acceleration...i was liek ***, i then re-connected all the wires and made sure it was the throtlle i took out of the reciever 2 stick into the vfs...

... i then went home called venom, they didnt answer and iwas really stuck.. i went and asked the local hobby store (lhs) and they said they couldnt figure out *** was going on... i then took it home and 1 of the wires were loose... so now its fukt, cuz i think theres nothign u can do about a wire that not in that connector peice...

.... now is there ANYTHING u guys knwo what i can do? liek i tried heating it up and sticking it in, that didnt work, but i jsut used a lighter, no special tool... so i dunno im gunna go 2 the LHS 2moro, now that i knwo the problem, and see what they say... im kinda pissed.. and disapointer cuz the digital venom temp fail safe arent that cheap.... any suggestions? i tried also tapping it in place, but 1 that didnt work, and if it did id be worried it will fall out.... any suggestions would be helpfull, thx guys...
Old 03-16-2007, 10:40 PM
HeLLsGoD

umm i cant understand what your trying to say, i think i can help. I have a venom failsafe myself

so tell me again, which wire is loose? can you take pics or explain it better?
Old 03-16-2007, 10:46 PM
The Hybrid

Check out my new shoes for my ride!!! Just barely ordered them.... Yeah yeah boyz!!!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Tr51260.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	13.6 KB
ID:	643654  
Old 03-16-2007, 10:49 PM
HeLLsGoD

nice hybrid.. u going drifting? .. i was thinking of getting those HPI super drift A tyres too but i got yokomo ones w/kawada's instead.

be careful with your engine man, make sure you cut out the windows* or else it will overheat. I usually drift with no shell on but it depends on the climate on your country, its summer over here atm
Old 03-16-2007, 11:12 PM
HeLLsGoD

jonsmilez: i re-read what you said and i think it makes sense now. If your trying to say that the connector from the failsafe has a wire loose from the black housing it usually sits on. Theres one of 3 things you can do about it:

1) Buy a servo connector kit = $35'ish

2) Re-connect the wire back into the housing. You have to take the pins out from the housing and crimp the wire that came out back on it. This is hard and takes time. Ive done it to shorten my servo wires and other wires, you need abit of tools like a soldering iron to do this

3)Buy a servo extension wire/lead = $4. Completely cut out the failsafes wire housing and let the 3wires stickout then cut out part of the servo extension wire and let the 3wires stick out of that too, then all u gotta do is connect the 3wires that are sticking out on both ends.

This might help you both ways [link]http://www.hansenhobbies.com/products/connectors/Connectors.pdf[/link]. Right click and click Save As/Save target As if nothing shows up, so it saves it into your computer.

You can also send the failsafe back and theyll repair it for you, but its gonna cost you time and money
Old 03-16-2007, 11:53 PM
jonsmilez

yeah im gunan go 2moro 2 a hobby store and see if i can sawder it in or if they can help me in a way or 2 cuz they have the tool i dont have and i need....

... and yes i was htinking of sending it back 2 tower hobbies or even give it 2 venom, and i think because both these companies are so big they wont have aproblem giving me a new 1, the only thing would be is i hjave 2 pay 4 shiping, and i mean if shiping is gunna be expensive cuz i gotta get parts from toronto canada 2 either tower hobbies which is in illinonis, or venom which is in california its gunan be alot on shippping, and i mean if im gunna spend the money on shiping, then have 2 wait, im thinking jsut buy a new 1, although i am rally pissed off about that.... fukin stupid! :@...

... but hellsgod i do appreciate it!
Old 03-18-2007, 11:41 PM
jonsmilez

so i fixed the fail safe, i jsut got the LHS 2 sawder it back 2gether... but now another thing goes wrong... i want presence 2 explain 2 u... but all ill say is i JUST got my shipment from towerhobbies few days ago and already my whole pipe is garbage, lmao... yeah.... already... plus i need a new tank cuz mine is cracked so i think i may get the racing 125cc or wtvr... and broke a lil plastic part.. but il leave the story 2 presence considering he saw the whole thing right in front of him with me and 2 of his/our friends... lol.... but ill post pics soon ..... fukt up story tho....
Old 03-19-2007, 12:44 AM
jonsmilez

heres some pics of how fukt up that accident was earlier 2day.. lol....
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Jg14140.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	50.3 KB
ID:	645074   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hd94541.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	29.3 KB
ID:	645075   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yd83075.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	30.4 KB
ID:	645076   Click image for larger version

Name:	Uo35998.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	41.2 KB
ID:	645077   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rc40087.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	41.7 KB
ID:	645078   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sj72994.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	40.2 KB
ID:	645079   Click image for larger version

Name:	Su36299.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	45.0 KB
ID:	645080  
Old 03-19-2007, 10:32 AM
Camaropunk

..like i said...its always 1 thing after the next with these.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.