Notices
RC On Road Nitro Cars Discuss all aspects of on-road nitro rc cars here

Ofna 1/7 Hyper One Seven .21PS

Old 04-20-2007, 09:12 AM
SFC K

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ofna 1/7 Hyper One Seven .21PS

Has any one had any experience with on of theses? I’m curious as to how it handles. Are their many upgrades for it? I like the fact that it is large scale and would it make a great drifter car?

Thanks for you input.
[link]http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXLDC9&P=FR[/link]
Old 04-20-2007, 10:06 AM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Ofna 1/7 Hyper One Seven .21PS

No I haven't but I have the Hyper 7 buggy, which shares a number of components. I bet it would make an insane drifter, if you pull it off, you'll have to post videos. It might not be easy to drift, and as for drift tyres to fit, it, well, good luck with that, you'll prob have to use ABS pipe. But don't let that deter you, it would be mad to see you drifting it with a .21 engine. Whatever you do, don't use a good engine for drifting, it just won't live long. Nice thing is you don't need much power to drift, so you can get a pile of crap $100 big block and get 5 gallons out of it, then rebuild it or get another.
Old 04-21-2007, 02:34 AM
SFC K

Well I have been searching for more information on this RC and not having any luck. I think with the .21 it would have the power to drift with the stock tires. They are slicks. Any one else have any information on this beast?
Old 04-22-2007, 12:58 AM
Hutch-e-bee

Cant help you with any drift info, but I posted [link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_5407338/anchors_5407458/mpage_1/key_/anchor/tm.htm#5407458]THIS[/link] a few months ago about my 1/7.
Old 04-22-2007, 02:15 AM
SFC K

Thanks Hutch-e-bee,

After reading your post, maybe I should just look at the FG Sportsmans long kit. How do you like yours? If I have to spend the money to upgrade I may as well go with the bigger car and it is gas. Opinions?
Old 04-30-2007, 03:53 PM
herbykw

I have the Hyper one seven. Im very new to this. I got mine used with a MAC* .28 engine. I have a set of street tires and a set of slicks. It handles great, spins the tires easy, and the drifting isnt bad just hard to get the front tires to play along. The parts are hard to find. Im looking for a new body and it seems nearly impossible to find just a body for a 1/7.
Old 04-30-2007, 03:55 PM
herbykw

When i drift mine the body drags and you can hear it scrap. Right now i dont think its tuned right, but it sucks down fuel pretty bad