Search
Notices
RC On Road Nitro Cars Discuss all aspects of on-road nitro rc cars here

Starting to like my on-roader....

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2007, 09:44 AM
HerrSavage

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Starting to like my on-roader....

Though I am definitely an offroad fanatic first, it IS VERY frustrating where I live to find a good place to run my Savage, LST2, and Lightning GT.. This city is just SSSSSOOOOOOO flat. There IS however an onroad, paved track at this big, huge, really nice park where I usually go. When I went out Sunday to test the Axial Beadlocks and 3-speed settings on my Savage, I took my ole' Kyosho FW-05T out. I've really neglected this car, at times getting temps up close to 400, then just letting it sit for months, but it still starts and just goes and goes and goes... And FAST....

Anyway, it was a lot of fun trying to keep it on the track.. On-road running in a parking lot for ex is totally lame in my experience, but on a big outdoor paved track it'is kind of fun actually. Cuz of the speed and curves you really have to be on your toes 2 stay on the track...

Anyway, went and got some new rims/tires for it, and have decided to go ahead and run it with the black Lambo shelf-queen bod instead of the ugly white Porsche it came with....

Here's a pic...:

And here's a pic of this huge gas 1/5 race truck on the track.. I don't care for the guys there who run them, but dam:n I have to admit these things haul B.ALLS...... Don't even know really what brand they are(Carson??), but I was told that just a body for one costs €150 - without bod minimum starting price in the €1200 range.. VERY VERY fast...

Old 05-15-2007, 10:25 AM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Starting to like my on-roader....

Nice kyosho...HPI Murci body?

They run those trucks up at my track, they're normally made by FG. They're not that fast, they just look like it cos they're so BIG, but they do look good.

Seen my new Xray? http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_5818674/tm.htm

Consider that a response to your 'Is it possible to make a Sav look TOO good?'. Just change it to: 'Is it possible for a 1/10th Tourer to look TOO sexy?' Seriously, though, the NT1 is some car.
Old 05-15-2007, 10:34 AM
HerrSavage

Well THAT particular truck in the pic was sure fast.. Faster than the others there. Was new. I don't know much about them - but they did look like fun.....

Nice looking on-roader you got there.. Looks way over my head though.. Under that purty Lambo bod my truck(oops, I mean car...) is a dirty, un-taken-care-of mess...

Which, I suppose, is why I like it. I like my cars like I like my chicks - low maintenance......
Old 05-15-2007, 12:33 PM
Neil E

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Patrick, nice to see you over here. I too am an off-roader first. But all of the sport is fun. If it's got wheels get one and run it. Good looking Lambo. This is my RS4 Evo.

Are we going to see you on the Bike Forum. That track looks like a bike would like it
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Om32517.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	83.1 KB
ID:	685012  
Old 05-15-2007, 02:07 PM
HerrSavage

Nice looking rig you have there... Yes, I HAVE seen those vids of the Thunder Tiger RC motorbike, and man they look cool.... But I can barely(um, yeah, CAN'T...) afford what all I have now...
Old 05-15-2007, 03:29 PM
Neil E

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I say that to myself every time I buy another RC. Decided the other day that I wanted to have a on-road car that can go 70 MPH. Found a serpent 950 on Ebay. This should be interesting. There is a 1/8th scale track here that holds ROAR races. Do not think I will race, but is a place to run it, other than parking lots.
Old 05-15-2007, 03:42 PM
HerrSavage

Maybe an RC Motorbike would be a nice compromise and then I wouldn't have to buy one of those huge trucks...

Just looked on e-bay BTW for those huge trucks under FG, and Gröschl - didn't find 'em... I think they must be a different brand.. Bodies DO cost €140 shipped though...
Old 05-15-2007, 04:22 PM
HerrSavage

Man Neil..... You've planted a worm... I really think I want that 1/5 scale Thunder Tiger Ducati motorbike.......... Trying to find more info on it now.. Would be PERFECT for that track here.......