Notices
RC On Road Nitro Cars Discuss all aspects of on-road nitro rc cars here

RS4 18SS+ CLUTCH QUESTIONS?

Old 05-20-2007, 02:23 AM
sputnikxxx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RS4 18SS+ CLUTCH QUESTIONS?

I got my new rs4 built and setup... took me 3 days, few hours here and there,....

It took me a minute to get the motor going but once I did she starts right up on one pull so no motor trouble this time... I think I got that part figured out...

I am having trouble with when I apply throttle car doesn't go any where... I am assuming the shoes on the flywheel are not grabbing the gears, but I was sure that I hooked them up to the specs in the manual?....

I am going to take it apart tomorrow and try to see if I can figure it out, but in the mean time if you guys could give me some advice I would appreciate it..
Old 05-20-2007, 08:30 AM
hpi apollo

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: RS4 18SS+ CLUTCH QUESTIONS?

which clutch? im sure its something small, the inside of the clutch bell could have a layer of old clutch stuff built on it
Old 05-20-2007, 07:57 PM
sputnikxxx

well I checked the clutch shoes on the motor they seem fine.. are the differentals supposed to lock or spin freely? cause I can roll the wheels and the front doesn't affect the back
Old 05-20-2007, 08:53 PM
HeLLsGoD

You have an open diff which means one wheel will spin the other direction from the other.

If you can roll your car forwards and backwards smoothly without binding then your drivetrain should be fine. Double check the 2speed and clutch bell again, they both go in a special direction
Old 05-21-2007, 05:09 AM
sputnikxxx

I feel like such a noob now... although I have drove t-maxx trucks for a year or so.... I missed the step in building the differentials.. where the 4 small screws go in the metal gear.. I got those in there everything is fine now but I thinks for the help guys