Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC On Road Nitro Cars
Reload this Page >

kyosho GX15? subaru tuning problems

Community
Search
Notices
RC On Road Nitro Cars Discuss all aspects of on-road nitro rc cars here

kyosho GX15? subaru tuning problems

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2007, 02:38 PM
qpants

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default kyosho GX15? subaru tuning problems

hi all, just been running car 2 - kyosho subaru outside in the street, starts nearly 1st time but has to be at high revs on the trim switch on the controller. not ideal!

i leave the glow plug on for a couple of mins then take it off - << is this correct? what does doing this effect??

so then car runs great but as i said needs to be at high revs or cuts out?? i know this is tuning the two high and low needles on the engine??

too lean or too rich ?

i know it says go clockwise for lean and anti for rich but which way looking at the engine, dont know if im upside down so doin it wrong way, is there a good/easy way to do this, do i have to have the engine running and then start tuning????

where do i start on this one?

anyone else have one of these type cars, engine type is kyosho gx15

thanks all
please advise

gareth
Old 05-21-2007, 07:04 AM
usernametaken

Default RE: kyosho GX15? subaru tuning problems

set your high speed needle to abou 1 1/2 to 2 turns out, do that by screwing it in (clockwise) till the scew stops gently. unscrew it (anticlockwise) what i just said. do the same for the low speed but just come out about 1 to 1 1/2 turns. You also probably need to adjust your idle by adjusting the idle screw turn it in (clockwise) to bring the idle rpm up or out (anticlockwise) to drop them rpm down.
if you havent already done so replace your glow plug with a new one like an OS 8 , also make sure you got some good nitro fuel all you need to run in this motor is 16% nitro and 10%oil max.

I seen in another of your threads you got this cheap cause it was in a shop unrepaired and previous owner never picked it up so you could have other issues.

i just found something here that might also help you here is a link.

http://www.*********.org/engine-tuning.htm

good luck
Old 05-30-2007, 08:05 PM
bozla

I have this car; its a pain to idle. Do you have a low speed needle? Its located at the left hand side of the carburettor. My first engine only had a high speed needle, which meant I couldn't tune it It sounds like its rich, so screw it in clockwise half a turn at a time. Remember, the engine needs to be warm before you tune it, as the setting will change. You'll also have to tune it according to the weather. Also check the screws that fix the carburettor to the engine block - They can come loose and then you can get air leaks.
Old 05-30-2007, 08:17 PM
HeLLsGoD

Your LSN too rich.. thats why you need to open your throttle more at startup for more air to equal the excess fuel thats going in. It is also why you need to keep the glow igniter on for longer or else the excess fuel will put the plug out as soon as you take it off
Old 06-01-2007, 09:32 PM
evil

I think you should set your idle first check your manual or look in the carby and see how much of the hole in the barrel is exposed i think it should be about .5 to 1mm then set your low and high speed needles to standard settings. then adjust your idle so it idles ok then adjust your high and low speed
Other wise with the idle to high the metering needle will be out to far and you will be chasing the tune all over the place..
Cheers