Notices
RC On Road Nitro Cars Discuss all aspects of on-road nitro rc cars here

No Traction with body fixed.

Old 05-21-2007, 12:43 AM
firebladeash

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No Traction with body fixed.

Ever had such a strange one.
I did some testing with my Kyosho Fazer this weekend on the Track.Came upon a very strange thing.
When running the car around the track without the body fixed to the car I get better traction than with the body on the car.I know that the foam tires I'm using is not correct and the width is nt that wide.I'm going to buy some new ones this weekend and further the testing.I dont know if the body moght cause the roblem.Even by removing the back wing there is no diffrence in traction around the track
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sq47640.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	19.4 KB
ID:	688599  
Old 05-21-2007, 02:08 AM
Piero23

Default RE: No Traction with body fixed.

if your ride height is to high or the body is on too high off the floor air is gonna go underneath and try lifting the car off the ground and reduce traction

Old 05-21-2007, 02:14 AM
firebladeash

Default RE: No Traction with body fixed.

The car is very low on the ground.Scale 1/10.The only other thing I can think is that the engine is a pullstart.I have three open holes on the body.One on the front windscreen,one atthe bacl for hot air to be released and then I have made a hole on top of the roof to pullstart the car otherwise whn the car is idling I still need to put the body on and put the body clips in and then sometimes the car dies and I have to do the whole process over again.So,I think the possiblity is that the hole in the roof is probably casusing the proble.I dont know if it is creating an so called air bubble at the back thats why the car looses tracktion.